Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #871
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaverin View Post
I just wanted to put in a reply here and (quite happily) say that I just debricked a Kindle Touch I got recently. ...
I am glad you got it figured out. I added your success report to the list in the first post of this thread.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #872
Manfor
Manfor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K5 5.0.0 Touch
Arrow Debricked one

Thanx to you guys another helpless Kindle was saved.

Here is how i did it. Yes i know that it is strange method but it worked. I couldn't find anyone with similar problem as mine.

My girlfriend's Kindle stopped working for no obvious reason. After downloading daily news (and reading them) she put her reader back into her purse. Few hours later when she pull it out it showed only white screen and didn't react to restart by holding down power button for few seconds. Note that it was fully charged that morning.

My first guess was that it got into some mysterious software thingy (endless cycle of operations or something) and that way it discharged.

So I tried to charge it with wall charger. When i connected it to charger yellow light came up and it looked like it is charging. After 15 minutes yellow light shut down. I repeated it endlessly even tried to charge it by concecting it every 15 mins again. It shut down every time i tried. Reseting by power button still did nothing.

Secondly i tried to connect it to my pc (holding power button still did nothing even when connected via usb to pc). In Device manager it showed up Mass storage device but when i opened "My computer" nothing was there. Yellow charging indicator was shining and after 15 mins it disconnected itself from pc and the light shut. I tried to reconnect but the exact same thing happened.

My next step was to use Simple debricking guide for noobs from this forum. I downloaded all files and copied drivers to my Win (Kindle fatboot.inf to WINDOWS/system32/drivers). I connected Kindle to PC held button power for few seconds when the yellow light shut i pressed home after that i released power and finally i released home. New HID device appeared in my Device manager. Using MfgTool i set up Kindle Fastboot mode. After successful operation in mfg kindle was detected as Kinlde-fastboot device. After few seconds it disconnected itself and the mass storage device was connected again. After 15 mins Mass storage disconnected again leaving me helpless. That way the guide was useless to me.

I was in the end with logics so i tried to load Kindle Fastboot mode several times and it always instantly disconnected itself again. I even tried to load other modes (kindle main and diags) with the same result.

After one day (i really had to sleep) i tried loading Kindle fastboot again this time the reader was connected for 10 seconds longer as Kindle-fatboot In "Device manager". After few hundreds tries to reset by button or to load one of three modes in MfgTool (not kidding about number) the damned thing blinked with display and showed image of loading battery (it wasn't the typical one when connected to pc).

After while of charging (And me kinda praying) it disconnected itself again. I used MfgTool to set it up to Kindle Main and Kindle was running again. I was excited until i noticed it runs as usual but it's not charging (altrough connected to pc). I left it connected to wall charger (still looked like not charging) overnight. Today it is fully charged and operational. Still don't know how i did it or what was wrong.

So if your Kindle Touch (this one was 5.0.0) shows white screen and it doesn't react to reset by holding power and it is even not charging try this.

(feel free to edit and make my terrible english read-able)
once again thank you guys
Manfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #873
yangabanga
yangabanga began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
THANK YOU - Another PW debricked

Thanks to you and everyone on this board I managed to save my kindle pw from the dreaded repair needed screen.

I stupidly was messing about in /etc/upstart with conf scripts and the restarted.

using your ninja-jb data.stgz and through a few runme.sh changes (and lots of reboots) I backed out my changes and just like that the kindle came back to life.

THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Good to see that you managed to solve it.

Just for reference, could you please post the exact runme.sh that you used? It's not entirely understandable from your post if your original version worked, or if you had to adapt it some more.

You are (to my knowledge) the first person who debricked a "Your Kindle Needs Repair" Paperwhite, so this is invaluable information for the many, many other people who will undoubtedly come in the future with similar problems.
yangabanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #874
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch

Funny Fact. My Device now refuses to start unless it has a usb plugged in to an active PC!!!

: D I should really fix it but I find it quite endearing.

Heh. Don't mess with your splash screens would be my advice
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #875
eBookBug
eBookBug began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3rd Generation
Some weeks back, my kindle froze. It totally refused to respond in any way. PC won't detect it. Power switch won't respond.

I decided to open the back cover and reinsert the battery. In this process I dislodged the ribbon cable. I reconnected it and put the back cover in place after taking out the battery and inserting it again.

Now the PC detected the Kindle as Mass Storage and the power switch responded too-sort of. When I held the power switch to restart it would stay green for 7-8 seconds and then the the green light would flash couple of times and nothing. I felt pathetic for weeks.

Then, I came across the K3noobdebrickatk

And I am hopeful that this will work for me.

Now, in step 3 when it's mentioned to download mmcblk0p1 files, which ones should I download?

mmcblk0p1-3.0.2 (factory, part 1 of 2)
mmcblk0p1-3.0.2 (factory, part 2 of 2)

These ones?

But then these add up to only ~ 350 MB and it's mentioned that the Root Filesystem Image: ~650 MB

Please enlighten me.

Currently, I am putting my kindle to charge for the next 20 -30 hours or so.
eBookBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #876
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookBug View Post
These ones?

But then these add up to only ~ 350 MB and it's mentioned that the Root Filesystem Image: ~650 MB

Please enlighten me.

Currently, I am putting my kindle to charge for the next 20 -30 hours or so.
Multi-part zip file. Put them in the same folder, then unzip the first with 7-zip or winzip (or whatever else works), and they will extract the 650MB file that is compressed and spanned across both of them. It had to be split because of a mediafire 200MB file size limit.

Or better, download the oen that is hosted at a different file hosting service, and is not split into two files. You can find it in the pastebin (or snipurl) links in the first post of the simple debricking sticky thread.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #877
cameleon2605
cameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle touch
Hello i got a big problem i make all stuff what are saying in that bebrick for noobs so i can make it to the end but when i reboot i see the tree and it loads but than it restarts again so maby something is missing can anybody help me thanks
cameleon2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #878
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameleon2605 View Post
Hello i got a big problem i make all stuff what are saying in that bebrick for noobs so i can make it to the end but when i reboot i see the tree and it loads but than it restarts again so maby something is missing can anybody help me thanks
No not when you are asking this kind of question because you are not providing any information about what you did and what you were expecting and what went wrong where and besides your style of asking questions is extremely tedious to the point of being rude

SCNR.

Last edited by ixtab; 11-29-2012 at 08:15 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #879
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Grammar!
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #880
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Grammar!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #881
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Had a feeling someone was gonna pull that out...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:54 AM   #882
cameleon2605
cameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercameleon2605 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

ok i try again

i got a Kindle touch and when i do a update it look that its brickt the Kindle starts again and again i try to make the debrick for noobs and everything works but by the thing with rename it i think i make something wrong maby and on the and stand reboot but it dont want to work it starts again and again i think something is missing that i can start to the main menü

sorry for my english i am from germany thanks a lot for all help
Old 11-30-2012, 04:09 AM   #883
geekmaster

Quote:
ok i try again

i got a Kindle touch and when i do a update it look that its brickt the Kindle starts again and again i try to make the debrick for noobs and everything works but by the thing with rename it i think i make something wrong maby and on the and stand reboot but it dont want to work it starts again and again i think something is missing that i can start to the main menü

so they dont use any punctuation or capital letters in germany huh i would think that even in german written communication would be a lot easier to read if it had some punctuation and english is the same way i think you should try a little harder using a different language is no excuse when it follows the same basic rules as your own native language

and it helps to add some whitespace now and then too i think and others around here think the same thing too it really distracts from your help request for us to have to read long unstructured word chains that are not broken up into sentences
Old 11-30-2012, 04:14 AM   #884
geekmaster

Quote:
ok i try again

What is the "the thing with rename it"? Did you rename the compressed files instead of extracting them? Flashing a compressed file would cause problems. What did you do, exactly? What commands did you use? What filenames? We need more information to help you.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #885
cameleon2605

Hello again.

Ill do that what is standing here http://www.mediafire.com/view/?xrn3v3ln6cn2n75 and by that point PLACE NEW MAIN PARTITION AND COPY IT 2.Copy mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img into it, rename to mmcblk0p1.img there i think i make something wrong i get all files from the top of this side.
and here Let’s copy the main partition and fix our Kindle! Type:
dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K i get an error that says not find a file in that direction. hope that helps.

cameleon 2605

Tags
debricking