Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
mufc
Connoisseur
mufc doesn't littermufc doesn't litter

Device: Sony 650
using custom font for newspaper recipe

When I see this in a recipe.

@font-face {font-family: "sans1";src:url(res:///opt/sony/ebook/FONT/tt0003m_.ttf)

Where is the font residing exactly. When I convert an epub book I can put extra css in common options. Where does this code point to in a newspaper recipe ? I have a sony 650. Do the fonts reside on the sony or in the c/program files/calibre2/resources/fonts.
Not sure what "opt" means in the code.
mufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
/opt/sony/ebook/FONT/tt0003m_.ttf is a location on the SONY, one you cannot access yourself but that the SONY's rendered can
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You can even specify your own fonts stored on the reader.

For example of that see this thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=10
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
mufc
Connoisseur
mufc doesn't littermufc doesn't litter

Device: Sony 650
I know how to do that when I convert epub books by using extra css in preferences common options but how do I do the same for my newspaper downloads.
How do I point to the font on the reader in that case.
mufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
For that you need to modify the recipe itself and add location to your fonts. There is no other way.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert