Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
lvd4
Enthusiast
lvd4 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
copying from bookshelf to PC

My husband and I, each, have an ebook 1150. Is there any way I can copy the imp files from my ebookshelf to my PC so that I can, in turn, give them to my husband to download to his ebook?
I believe I posted this to wrong forum earlier. Thanks.

Lvd4
lvd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, lvd4.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvd4 View Post
I believe I posted this to wrong forum earlier. Thanks.

Lvd4
I answered it already in that wrong location... see here for my response.

I'll repeat my response above so that it is searchable in this forum:
Quote:
Not if they were purchased from www.fictionwise.com as Secure OEBFF .imp files, meaning they are encrypted to your EBW1150's internal serial number and cannot be read on any other EBW1150.

If they are un-encrypted, then each .imp can be downloaded from your www.fictionwise.com My Bookshelf (choose the OEBFF Half VGA format) and saved onto your hard disk in the eBookwise/GEBLibrarian bookshelf directory (or impserve shelf directory). Then use either program to transfer them onto your husband's EBW1150. By the way, eBookwise/GEBLibrarian is no longer being sold but the freeware impserve is available here. (be sure to visit the ebookutils homepage for the latest impserve version 0.8!)

Note that www.fictionwise.com offers a Bulk Download of your ebooks which can be used to save a local .imp copy on your hard drive for your own use.

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-10-2010 at 10:37 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
lvd4
Enthusiast

Thanks nrapallo. Exactly what I needed to understand.
lvd4
Old 10-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks nrapallo. Exactly what I needed to understand.
lvd4
You're welcome ... and, by the way, Welcome to Mobileread.com, fellow Canadian!
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #6
lvd4
Enthusiast

nrapallo, you have four devices. I did much research to end up with the 1150 - backlight, price. I have found it a little labour intensive to convert different formats but I have been able to find books in all formats and copy them to my ebook. There is still some flexibility missing. Care to compare, for me, the REBx and iLiad? Backlight is essential which is why I was detered from the Kobo/Kindles. Not to mention the price differnece. Thanks.
lvd4
Old 10-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #7
nrapallo

Quote:
nrapallo, you have four devices. I did much research to end up with the 1150 - backlight, price. I have found it a little labour intensive to convert different formats but I have been able to find books in all formats and copy them to my ebook. There is still some flexibility missing. Care to compare, for me, the REBx and iLiad? Backlight is essential which is why I was detered from the Kobo/Kindles. Not to mention the price differnece. Thanks.
lvd4
When I bought my first ebook reader, there was no e-ink. At that time, the ergonomics of the B&W LCD REB 1100 had me sold, but soon after that I longed for colour (REB 1200) or at least grayscale (EBookwise-1150).

My REB1200 is just awesome, even by today's standards. It offers 32,000+ colours, 8" touchscreen LCD (finger or supplied stylus), 8+ hours battery life, ebook categories/sorting, dictionary look-up, ability to properly open and navigate gigantic ebooks that I have created, etc.

I only deplore the weight of the thing, but have learned to cope with it. (The Li-ion battery accounts for about half that weight and the glass LCD screen about a quarter of that weight). If they could just retrofit it to use an e-ink screen and newer batteries as well as add 3G/Wifi, it would be a killer ebook reader.... Hello ETI.... anyone listening...

Prior to www.ebookwise.com selling commercial .imps again, I had to produce most of my content so I have created tools to suit my fancy and have been able to now offer them to others to use like Mobi2IMP, GuteBook, Lit2sb, PDFRead, deimp, ... See my Mobileread.com Home Page for more of my accomplishments...

My latest ebook reader, the iLiad v2 was purchased so that I could read Internet Archive/Google .pdf's natively (directly) without having to convert them to ebooks. It works just great at that but it's mobi (.prc) reader is a bit limiting (though it has dictionary look-up). It is e-ink, but it cannot be read at night without an external light/lamp so I mostly use it during the day. The REB1200 is used throughout the day whereas my EBW110 and REB1100 sit idle (well, the wife and kids have them at their disposal... )

Are you interested in another ebook reader so soon?

My next one will be .epub capable, perhaps a Pocketbook or Nook. I need one that can be hacked a bit to make the buying experience worthy for me...

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-11-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
lvd4
Enthusiast

No, I'm not looking for another ebook so soon. I am sold on my 1150. Just interested in the others that are out there. Someday I may want another for different attributes. Thanks for the info.
You seem to be one of the gurus here, nrapallo. Can you answer, for me, this:
When I download one of the .IMP books from mobileread, my ebook says it cannot transfer it to my ebook because it is in the wrong format?
Or shoot me a quick message and I will sent it out under a more focused Title.

Thanks!
Lvd4
Old 10-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
nrapallo

Quote:
When I download one of the .IMP books from mobileread, my ebook says it cannot transfer it to my ebook because it is in the wrong format?
Or shoot me a quick message and I will sent it out under a more focused Title.

Thanks!
Lvd4
Which .imp ebook did you download and try to transfer to your EBW1150? Can you copy the link here or give the title and who uploaded it?

Any .imp ebook in our Uploads Library should work except those ending with _1200.imp which are only for the REB1200 and cannot be displayed by the EBW1150. They are usually posted in the same place, so be sure to download the EBW1150 .imp ebook.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #10
lvd4
Enthusiast

I do apologize. I posted the following query on another page and rec'd the response from 'Dale'. I'm too new to all this and feel silly. It would appear I need to use another program to upload the ebooks (NOT the Personal Content Server at ebookwise)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Am I missing something? When I download one of the ebooks from this site, then try to download via myebookwise Personal Content, I get this error:

PCU Failure #4 - Unknown File Type.

Do I need to perform another step? I thought the .imp files were already in the correct format.
With thanks.
lvd4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dale responded:

The personal content web site is for conversion and purchased content. It cannot be used to upload IMP files for download to the device.

Dale
Old 10-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I suggest you read the article in our wiki. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBookwise-1150. It will tell you how to transfer files to your device and perhaps some other things you didn't know. The wiki is an integral part of MobileRead.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
lvd4
Enthusiast

Thanks for link Dale. Will do.

lvd4
Old 10-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #13
nrapallo

Quote:
Thanks for link Dale. Will do.

lvd4
Also, if you haven't already done so, check out this forum's sticky thread:
Attention: All eBookwise 1150 newbies!

It's a great place to start learning about what can be done with your new EBW1150...
Old 10-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #14
lvd4
Enthusiast

Okay, sorry to be thick. I get an Error 404 when clicking the link for GEBLibrian. Then I found a different place that actually says, 'GEBLibrarian Download' and it downloaded, instead a Whitesmoke program. Can someone please send me the link to this download?
With thanks for your help AND PATIENCE!
Lvd4
Old 10-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #15
lvd4
Enthusiast

Here's where I tried to find GEBLibrarian:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/GEB_Librarian Error 404

http://breeno.org/eBook/ - GEBLibrarian website Error 404