Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
laura8090
Voracious
laura8090 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, EZReader, iTouch, JetBook, Pocketbook 360, Samsung TAB
Question Book On Top

Hi All!

I have an eBookwise 1150 and love it. But am looking at the newer technology out there and I haven't really seen any comparisons on this topic.

When I start my device, the book I am reading comes right up. I don't have to start at the library and find it again, which is really nice since I have lots of books stored on there and don't want to have to go and try and find it to open it again.

What other device(s) out there do the same? When I power on, I want what I was reading, where I left off.

Thanks for any insight!
laura8090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Hi Laura - my CyBook takes me to the library to start with, but the last book I was reading is already selected, if I click the button it takes to me where I left off reading it.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
All Sony Readers do exactly what you want. I can put it in sleep mode and get right back to where I was when I was last reading.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-11-2009 at 05:05 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura8090 View Post
What other device(s) out there do the same? When I power on, I want what I was reading, where I left off.
The Sony 505 and Kindle 2 both do this.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
laura8090
Voracious
laura8090 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, EZReader, iTouch, JetBook, Pocketbook 360, Samsung TAB
Does anyone know if Ectaco's JetBook or Astak's EZ Reader do this?
laura8090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
jetBook do it.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:21 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just to clarify, the Bookeen devices start up in the library, but with the book you last read "selected", so it's one button press to return to it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:22 AM   #8
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
The EZ Reader do this, too (it's a rebranded Hanlin V3, you might find more info in that forum). It's quite energy efficient, so you actually don't turn it off (likewise with the Sony), you just lock the keyboard/put it in sleep mode.

Last edited by Ea; 08-12-2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: added quote
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
When I turn on my jetBook, it displays the exact page I was reading last. No extra key presses.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:10 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are pros and cons to both approaches. If you have several books "on the go" at once, starting up in the library is beneficial. Ideally, one would like to have the choice, but I don't know of any device which does that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote