Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 04-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
Ikaema
Ikaema began at the beginning.

Device: Rocket Ebook
Post Rocket eBook, where can I find the RocketLibrarian software?

Hi everyone,

I dusted off my old nuvomedia Rocket eBook today. I havent used it for years, but I want to start using me again because I had RSI in the past, and it is difficult for me to keep a normal book open with my hands.

My old pc where I had the software installed and all my downloaded free books is almost dying, and I can't find the original cdrom with the RocketLibrarian software . I searched everywhere on the internet for a place to download the software, but all the urls are outdated.

So now I have my great still working Rocket eBook, but no way of transferring new books onto it! Does anyone have ideas on how to get a hold of the software?

Greetings,
Ikaema
Ikaema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Not sure where it is on the web these days .

I've got a copy on my PC (8.5 Mb zip file) - I could email you it if it'd help.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaema View Post
Hi everyone,

I dusted off my old nuvomedia Rocket eBook today. I havent used it for years, but I want to start using me again because I had RSI in the past, and it is difficult for me to keep a normal book open with my hands.

My old pc where I had the software installed and all my downloaded free books is almost dying, and I can't find the original cdrom with the RocketLibrarian software . I searched everywhere on the internet for a place to download the software, but all the urls are outdated.

So now I have my great still working Rocket eBook, but no way of transferring new books onto it! Does anyone have ideas on how to get a hold of the software?

Greetings,
Ikaema

A local copy of the RocketLibrarian (v.1.3.222 by NuvoMedia) [3.94MB] can be found here. It is not the CD; just the Librarian program.

By the way, even though this web page is for REB 1100 (and EBW 1150) users, there is still good information for your Rocket eBook reader.

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-14-2008 at 07:30 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
guidol
Enthusiast
guidol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
A local copy of the RocketLibrarian (v.1.3.222 by NuvoMedia) [3.94MB] can be found here. It is not the CD; just the Librarian program.
Another copy of the V1.3.222 can be found here
(including Text/HTML to RB):
Rocket Librarian 1.3.222

Also a patch for the V2.0.244 which seems to be needed sometimes
by an unregistered Rocket eBook:
Patch for V2.0.244

Or you could get the new eBook Librarian V2.0.244
(without Text/HTML to RB) at:
elibrarian 2.0.244

Both did work with my Rocket eBook Pro, and can be installed at the same time (different directory - and only one open at a time)

Also some other Tools can be found at the RB-Tools page at
RB-Tools Page
the page is russian but the programs are in english :-))

Bye
Guido
guidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
KLR
KLR began at the beginning.

Device: REB 1100
Sparrow, and all, if anyone can send me the rocketlibrarian software I'd very much appreciate it. You can send to Andantesail@aol.com

Thanks in advance.

KLR
KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR View Post
Sparrow, and all, if anyone can send me the rocketlibrarian software I'd very much appreciate it. You can send to Andantesail@aol.com

Thanks in advance.

KLR
The links to the software, Rocket Librarian 1.3.222, yor require are in the above posts.

Can you not download them from thoses links?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #7
craft2113
craft2113 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidol View Post
Another copy of the V1.3.222 can be found here
(including Text/HTML to RB):
Rocket Librarian 1.3.222

Also a patch for the V2.0.244 which seems to be needed sometimes
by an unregistered Rocket eBook:
Patch for V2.0.244

Or you could get the new eBook Librarian V2.0.244
(without Text/HTML to RB) at:
elibrarian 2.0.244

Both did work with my Rocket eBook Pro, and can be installed at the same time (different directory - and only one open at a time)

Also some other Tools can be found at the RB-Tools page at
RB-Tools Page
the page is russian but the programs are in english :-))

Bye
Guido
Hi!
I have rb format books.I want to convert them to other format like pdf,html,doc,txt.Is there a converter?

I tried the abc rocket converter trial version.it wont work.it says data error.maybe because im using windows 7.

Please help

Thank you in advance!
craft2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #8
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft2113 View Post
Hi!
I have rb format books.I want to convert them to other format like pdf,html,doc,txt.Is there a converter?

I tried the abc rocket converter trial version.it wont work.it says data error.maybe because im using windows 7.

Please help

Thank you in advance!
See my reply to your same questions here.

The .rb format is basically a HTML v3.2 document with a .info Metadata file and a .hidx index file to tags/paragraphs. You can use the RBDisintegrator.exe installed with BookDesigner to view their components.

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-10-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #9
MoonTurner
MoonTurner began at the beginning.

Device: RCA
Hoping for some guidance :)

Hi, I had to do a complete system restart on my C drive, hence lost the information on my ebook reader (rocket Nuvo 1100). I have the cd, and installed that but now I'm getting the message "In order to communicate with your Rocket ebook, you need to identify the serial port it is connected to". I, apparently do not have a serial port on my laptop, but I didn't need this to install the program initially.

So.... is there some other way to get my program back up and running?
MoonTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #10
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
If it's asking for a serial port, you probably have the librarian version for the Nuvo Rocket eBook, not the REB1100. You need the later version which supports USB ports.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #11
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The links are now down - does anyone still have the Rocket Librarian?
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote