Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #481
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Just finished book 9 in the Amelia Peabody series (I Barbara Rosenblatt):

... and just started this one today... I had the pleasure of listening to Dennis Boutsikaris narrate All the Devils are Here last year, and am enjoying listening to him again.

pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #482
Katekane
Katekane began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella View Post
I've read the book some time ago and really liked it. Who narrates it?
Rosalyn Landor narrated it. And when I searched more audiobook narrated by her,I saw lot of reviews really loved Never Let Me Go audiobook by her narration. But I just saw today that there is Emilia Fox also narrate the audiobook
Katekane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #483
Mel Comley
Addict
Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm listening to Donna Fasano's Her Fake Romance.
Mel Comley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #484
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katekane View Post
Rosalyn Landor narrated it. And when I searched more audiobook narrated by her,I saw lot of reviews really loved Never Let Me Go audiobook by her narration. But I just saw today that there is Emilia Fox also narrate the audiobook
Oh, well. I just checked Audible.de and they don't have it. Apparently it's geo-restricted.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 AM   #485
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I'm on book two of CJ Cherryh's Foreigner series, and I've been switching off between the ebook and audiobook and finding there's very little difference in the experience. Having both text and audio is helpful in this series with all the xenolinguistic goings on.

The books are great, very LeGuin--human diplomat/scholar trying to make sense of an alien race in a quasi-feudal social order. Cherryh harps on the alien-ness and danger of projecting human qualities on the aliens a bit much, but does a good job of conveying it convincingly, too.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #486
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
One of my favourite series, and the audio books are very good. I've just finished a complete re-read of the series, switching between eBook and audio book.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 AM   #487
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
I just finished Sue Grafton's I Is For Innocent. Up until now I've found the series very dependable and businesslike. This installment took chances, played games with the reader's perceptions, while still remaining matter-of-fact and true to its character. I thought it was the best of these books so far.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #488
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Do they still make mp3 players with built-in speakers?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #489
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
No doubt somebody does. My iPhone has built in speakers. I use them all the time. I think it's an indispensable feature for audiobook aficionados.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #490
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
My galaxay player 4 does.
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #491
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
I can listen to my Ipod without using the ear buds although the sound isn't great it's ok for an audiobook. I've also got a bluetooth earpiece for when I'm walking, it's mono so I use it for audiobooks not music.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #492
pidgeon92
Wizard

If anybody is shopping for a portable bluetooth speaker, I highly recommend the BoomBot2. It's a bit pricey, but an excellent portable speaker. Easy to use, and able to get quite loud with little distortion. I haul this little thing all around the house, it's great for listening to audiobooks while doing laundry, cooking, etc. It has a clip on the back so you can hook it to a pocket.

http://store.boombotix.com/collectio...-gunmetal-gray

I got mine on Amazon, from a third-party vendor for about $12 cheaper than on the manufacturer's website.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #493
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
That would be a good use for an old phone--even some of the better "feature phones" of the last 6-8 years had decent speakers and could take a 4-8GB memory card.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #494
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Thanks for all the replies.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #495
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Finished Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold. This is the first book in the Miles Vorkosigan series, a prequel about how Miles's parents met. I really enjoyed it, and Grover Gardner is a more than competent reader.

I am still listening to Passage by Connie Willis, which is really long (about 30 hours). I am nearing the end now, though. It's as good as I remember it from reading it some ten years ago. It's also one of her "stranger" books, containing a plot twist that many people hate. I just think it's rather weird and unusual and fits the story well.

I have also started Ashes Ashes by Jo Treggiari for bedtime listening on my iPod, a Young Adult dystopian novel about a girl living near New York after a plague has wiped out most of the world's population. Her world is also ravaged by natural disasters. It is read by Cassandra Campbell.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations