Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #31
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
RIP
And in memoriam, right now I began to recite some of his books...
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #32
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
RIP - still remember the short store that had a "Handicapper General"...even if I can't remember it's title.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #33
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
RIP - still remember the short store that had a "Handicapper General"...even if I can't remember it's title.
Nor the writer The confusion is somewhat understandable, though: the story is 'Harrison Bergeron' by Kurt Vonnegut.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #34
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Nor the writer The confusion is somewhat understandable, though: the story is
'Harrison Bergeron' by Kurt Vonnegut.
Doh! Is 47 too young to claim to be too old?
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #35
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Doh! Is 47 too young to claim to be too old?
I hope not, as I turn 48 in a week
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #36
gdimike
gdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't litter

Device: nook classic, kobo Wifi, Kindle, Kindle Touch
RIP Harry. Sadly, I last read him in high school, which was in the last century. I did read a fair amount of his work, and yes, it is rattling good. I think it's time for a re-read.
gdimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #37
Fidney
Enthusiast
Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen), Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Sad news indeed. Read his stuff in my formative years (and beyond).

Slippery Jim will always have a place close to my heart but my favourite piece of his work was a short called The Streets of Ashkelon - blew me away when I read it, and it's stayed with me forever.

RIP Harry, thank you for all the enjoyment you brough me.
Fidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #38
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
What a sad thing to hear. The Eden books are my fixation. The only books I have ever done the whole you must read thing to others. They are just so different. They will always be in my top 10 fav books of all time.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #39
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Another great loss to the world of Sci-Fi.

Loved the Stainless Steel Rat series. But why has no-one mentioned his great, thought provoking To The Stars trilogy (Homeworld, Wheelworld & Starworld). Time to re-read this I think.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote