Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2022, 02:35 PM   #181
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does that include the Aura H2O?
I think if the option appears in the Reading Settings interface regardless if it's an IR device, it should work (because Kobo would know which ones would support multi-touch). Certainly, if pinch-to-zoom on images has been working all this time, I don't see why it would be different for text.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:57 PM   #182
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
I think if the option appears in the Reading Settings interface regardless if it's an IR device, it should work (because Kobo would know which ones would support multi-touch). Certainly, if pinch-to-zoom on images has been working all this time, I don't see why it would be different for text.
I've not updated my H2O to the latest firmware. I've not used it since I got the Libra 2,
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2022, 03:16 PM   #183
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Can you pinch to zoom on images? I believe that was still working on older firmware.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 04:27 PM   #184
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Can you pinch to zoom on images? I believe that was still working on older firmware.
I'll give it a try tomorrow. Do I need to do this in KePub?
Old 08-15-2022, 05:28 PM   #185
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll give it a try tomorrow. Do I need to do this in KePub?
Yes. Zooming images in kepubs is one of the few advantages kepub has over epub.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2022, 11:56 AM   #186
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The H2O definitely uses a neonode grid, but I couldn't tell you anything about what Nickel does with it ;o).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:40 AM   #187
astmario
Connoisseur
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New Kobo Libra 2 bought about a month ago. It come with 4.32 firmware, sideloaded 2 books with Calibre, used it some time, everything ok. After couple of days OTA update 4.33.19759 arrived, during installation device stuck at 3 dots for 5 hours, I need to force restart it to wake it up. On first glance, everything good, 4.33 firmware in device information, no problems in reading.
On connecting to PC, after pressing Connect button device screen stayed lit, and after maybe 30-180 seconds it restarts by itself, never showing up in device manager/Computer. After pressing connect again it usualy restarts again, and sometimes it turns off backlight of screen and I can transfer files to it.
Tried updating firmware again, same 4.33.19759 version, and doing factory reset after that, no change, still same problem.
USB-C cable is brand new, tried another one, tried different ports and different computers.

Last edited by astmario; 08-23-2022 at 08:45 AM.
astmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:15 AM   #188
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Install 4.32 from https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Go bottom of page and click button under versions.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:34 AM   #189
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Install 4.32 from https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Go bottom of page and click button under versions.
I followed this advice with my Libra 2 and so far (touch wood) no problems
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 05:50 PM   #190
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Unless I’ve missed it in this thread, has anybody reported having difficulty writing annotations using a Clara HD with this firmware? I am having a devil of a time typing things withot letrs bing dro ed.

I know I type fast, and often too fast for the Clara to keep up, so I slow my input speed when annotating on the Clara (the Elipsa with its faster speed does a much better job). I’ll make sure each letter is visually highlighted in the keyboard before moving on to the next one. But I’ve never had this amount of lag and input errors before. Even typing slowly, letters will highlight as if typed, but they don’t appear in the note.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:09 PM   #191
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
I mentioned in an earlier post... Pinch/Zoom of images no longer works if you turn off Pinch Zoom for font size. (Hopefully an oversight that will be fixed soon.)
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 05:20 AM   #192
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
... Pinch/Zoom of images no longer works if you turn off Pinch Zoom for font size. (Hopefully an oversight that will be fixed soon.)
Thanks for mentioning it. I missed this earlier, but it is true. Oh well, after the launch of Clara 2E we´ll hopefully get soon a new FW update as usual.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 06:19 AM   #193
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
But isn't pinch to zoom images only kepub?
Does tap work?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 08:27 AM   #194
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
But isn't pinch to zoom images only kepub?
Does tap work?
Yes, pinch-to-zoom for images is KePub only.

Tapping should work. But you may not be able to zoom in as you like.
Old 09-02-2022, 02:14 AM   #195
astmario
Connoisseur
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by astmario View Post
New Kobo Libra 2 bought about a month ago. It come with 4.32 firmware, sideloaded 2 books with Calibre, used it some time, everything ok. After couple of days OTA update 4.33.19759 arrived, during installation device stuck at 3 dots for 5 hours, I need to force restart it to wake it up. On first glance, everything good, 4.33 firmware in device information, no problems in reading.
On connecting to PC, after pressing Connect button device screen stayed lit, and after maybe 30-180 seconds it restarts by itself, never showing up in device manager/Computer. After pressing connect again it usualy restarts again, and sometimes it turns off backlight of screen and I can transfer files to it.
Tried updating firmware again, same 4.33.19759 version, and doing factory reset after that, no change, still same problem.
USB-C cable is brand new, tried another one, tried different ports and different computers.
I need to correct myself, both my PC's are problem here, not the Libra. On desktop PC, cable connecting to the motherboard was bent and one of the pins broken, it works as it should when connected directly to motherboard PC ports, no problems for couple of days.
astmario is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release