Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-12-2022, 01:19 PM   #1
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Where to buy batteries for iPhone/iPad?

Please recommend a good place to buy batteries for an iPhone and an iPad. I want to replace the battery on my iPhone SE (1st gen.), which is presently at 70% capacity. It's no longer my main phone; I work from home and I've since repurposed it as my 'desk phone'. Though it's not heavy use (only calls along with Teams and WhatsApp communications), I would still like to change the battery because I'm constantly charging the phone throughout the day.

As for the iPad, the battery on my iPad Pro 9.7 (2016) is swollen and needs replacing; the screen has lifted entirely along the bottom edge and almost entirely along the right edge. I got a new iPad last year and the old one is mostly packed away in a drawer, but I like the idea of having two working iPads.

Battery replacement by Apple is not an option - I don't live in the US and the closest Apple Repair Centre in my region is still out of country for me.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 04:14 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I think it would help if you mention what country you're buying in.

For online shops, have you tried checking AliExpress?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2022, 06:01 PM   #3
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I think it would help if you mention what country you're buying in.

For online shops, have you tried checking AliExpress?
If necessary, I can ship to a US address so location is not an issue. I've never used AliExpress and I never thought of checking there; I'll take a look. Thank you.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:04 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
If necessary, I can ship to a US address so location is not an issue. I've never used AliExpress and I never thought of checking there; I'll take a look. Thank you.
Try ifixit.com.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:54 PM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Try ifixit.com.
Thanks; will check them out. I would prefer not to wade through sellers on AliExpress if I can avoid it.
Advert
Old 03-12-2022, 07:43 PM   #6
ctjalsma
ctjalsma began at the beginning.

Device: Aura H2O, iphone 5s, iPad Air 2
Ditto for the ifixit recommendation, they have the batteries and the tools you'll need and detailed instructions. I've done a 5S, 5C and two SEs using their stuff. However, that's for the phone, which is doable for the average carefull person. The Ipad is another story entirely, extremely difficult. I suggest buying another one, you'd very possibly destroy yours in the attempt, not worth it
ctjalsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 07:46 PM   #7
ctjalsma
ctjalsma began at the beginning.

Device: Aura H2O, iphone 5s, iPad Air 2
Agree regarding ifixit, they have what you need and great instructions. But that's for the phone. I've personally replaced batteries in a 5C, 5S and two SEs. The Ipad is an entirely different story, very tough to do without breaking the thing, not recommended. Best to just buy another, suggest using the refurb store at Apple.com
ctjalsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:32 PM   #8
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctjalsma View Post
Agree regarding ifixit, they have what you need and great instructions. But that's for the phone. I've personally replaced batteries in a 5C, 5S and two SEs. The Ipad is an entirely different story, very tough to do without breaking the thing, not recommended. Best to just buy another, suggest using the refurb store at Apple.com
Eek, I don’t plan to do the replacement myself for any of them … I wouldn’t care to try.

We have a local Samsung partner which also does Apple repairs (at your own risk, of course). They can do the replacements if I supply the batteries. Of course, I would prefer if it could be done by an Apple centre but as both devices are long out of warranty it’s not a big deal.