Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
which device for OpenInkpot?

I'm currently searching for new ereader device.
So I didn't find a matching one I constandly lowering my requirements :-(

At least OpenInkpot gives the chance to change things, I was womndering, which would be the best device to start with OpenInkpot.

Most importamt to me is now the possibility to get a propper dictionary on the device.
Second would be to take notes (I know possibly not easy, Perhaps with a bluetooth keyboard?).
Old 11-18-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
If you want a customisable device get a nook touch and root it. Its basically becomes an eink android tablet the author of coolreader the reading software in openinkpot supports nook touch so all its options are accessible.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Hi Dopedangel,

that is shurly a way to look into. Thaks for that.
Since you have the device (and rooted, as I guess), some questions:
(since I#m unused to andriod)

I want basicly: read english books and have (or can install) a good dictionary (en-germ), which works by tabing the word to translate. And be able to take notes inside the book (for making notes/corretions to the stories my daughter writes.
Have you tested things like that?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
mclien
42, the answer

Just learned, that it would be a bit tricky for they don't ship outside US...

Last edited by mclien; 11-18-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
Benji99
Benji99 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Plenty of sellers on ebay and many ship international.
The Sony PRS-T1 is also a good choice though...