Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #22111
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Dunkin' Donuts coffee, make mine a double. So delicious.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #22112
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
In my cup: Cold Rooibos vanilla spice
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #22113
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
I don't want a nickle... Just wanna ride my mo..tor...cickle...
Now THERE is a sentiment and a song I can appreciate! I've finally had to give up my bike, but it was a hard fought battle that settled with a compromise - my bike went, but was replaced with my Honda S2000 -- easily the best sports car Japan ever produced. (OK, I know, there are faster ones, and more iconic ones, but IMNSHO no better ones. The S2000 combines technological excellence, soft top, rear wheel drive, and sheer FUN to drive with that very un-sports car like trait of utter reliability. )

Meanwhile, the chickens are out, enjoying the little bit of sun we're having today, and I'm enjoying a bit of Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #22114
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Golden Dragon Oolong. The very last of it. So I'll be steeping this at least three times, trying to drag it out, since my source for it is not showing any available.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #22115
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
And keep it company

I'd like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills
For peace throughout the land

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZjoYxBc8RI )

Good morning, all! Another delightful morning (hey! I woke up once again. What could be better?) I have a cup of Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire Tea" and a bowl of miso soup beside a small slice of meatloaf, for a nice 'fusion' breakfast to start the day.

This afternoon I have to meet my Senior Citizen English Conversation class for their second lesson. My wife suggested that I teach them a song, which I know would go over well, but I feel more inclined to teach them how to give and take directions for travel. During our first meeting, most of the folks said they wanted to learn English to make traveling easier, so I think some 'where is the bus station?' and 'how do I get to the hotel?' will be better. The Mickey Mouse song can wait for the third lesson.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #22116
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
This afternoon I have to meet my Senior Citizen English Conversation class for their second lesson. My wife suggested that I teach them a song, which I know would go over well, but I feel more inclined to teach them how to give and take directions for travel. During our first meeting, most of the folks said they wanted to learn English to make traveling easier, so I think some 'where is the bus station?' and 'how do I get to the hotel?' will be better. The Mickey Mouse song can wait for the third lesson.

Stitchawl
After years of travelling; this time I won't take any language guide with me...waste of space....I'll take my "Point-it" booklet with pictures of all I might need to point at, if necessary. I'll learn some Arabic sentences though: " thank you /please/ where is the bathroom/good morning/ help...fire/where is the bank and such essentials.
I'll write the phonetics down on a little card and that's it.

In my cup: hot coffee
In my hand: newspaper and a cracker humus
Off to work on my bike
Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 AM   #22117
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Back from class and enjoying a hot cup of Keemun tea. Nice afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I'll learn some Arabic sentences though: " thank you /please/ where is the bathroom/good morning/ help...fire/where is the bank and such essentials.
That's about all anyone needs... although I've also learned to say;
"Where can I buy Imodium?" in 7 languages.

Stitchawl
Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 AM   #22118
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Back from class and enjoying a hot cup of Keemun tea. Nice afternoon!

Stitchawl

Nothing in my cup.....not allowed in the Restoration Workshop.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #22119
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I'll take my "Point-it" booklet with pictures of all I might need to point at, if necessary.
Quote:
I'd like to see the "Point-it" picture for that one...or maybe not.

Black coffee in my cup. Fast day today, so lots of drinks, but no so much food.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #22120
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I've found my iPhone's "Translation" app and "Image Search" app to be a God-send. I can finally stop drawing little pictures trying to make shopkeepers understand what I want in different countries. Try finding a "rubber handled bag carrier caribiner" by drawing pictures... (worth their weight in gold when you have 4-5 heavy plastic shopping bags to bring into the house!)

Stitchawl
Old 11-15-2012, 05:23 AM   #22121
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Green machine smoothie.

And I am 100% back to what passes for normal after having Lucas. I am not sure that I should be so happy to have restarted my period. I wish it would come only when I am trying to get pregnant. Ah well. It was a nice 14 month break.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #22122
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I only use crystal glasses... Coca Cola now...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #22123
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hmm was gonna answer this topic with what was in my cup... but I just emptied it. Ah well off to find more liquid refreshment!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #22124
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Frozen Summit Oolong at work
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #22125
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Hmm was gonna answer this topic with what was in my cup... but I just emptied it. Ah well off to find more liquid refreshment!
Grasshopper, you need to learn the Japanese secrete to drinking tea from an empty cup...

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?