Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
LeserattePD
Enthusiast
LeserattePD doesn't litterLeserattePD doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Kindle 3
Problems connecting to Librarian? Check you're connected to the internet!

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I couldn't find the solution when I was looking...

We recently moved house and hadn't had our broadband switched on in the new place yet. I was simply attempting to download some books from Librarian onto my ebookwise reader by tapping on the "online bookshelf" button while connected by USB cable to my PC. I repeatedly got an error message saying something "Could not find DNS server" and "contact network administrator".

For the life of me I couldn't figure out what was wrong.. tried all the usual things, like restarting PC&program, checking the USB cable/plug, taking out the card from my reader... nothing helped.
I finally found the ebookwise.com reader Help pages (my they're hidden away aren't they?) and they were going on about how to connect to your ebookwise online bookshelf; they were saying that such a message means you're not connected to the internet.

I thought "surely not, that can't be it - I'm just trying to connect to Librarian on my computer but just in case let's give it a go!" Fortunately we had a mobile internet dongle, so I connected using that - wonders of wonders, that really was the problem! I'll leave it up to one of the programmers to explain it - but thought I should deposit the solution here.

Hope it helps

LeserattePD
LeserattePD is offline   Reply With Quote