Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Author names when adding books to Calibre

First, let me start right off by apologizing if this has been asked and answered. It is often difficult to find an answer with all of the threads. Here is my question:

Is there anyway to customize Calibre so that when I add books to the application it always puts the author's last name first, first name last?

So if I add three books it knows to add them as

smith, gary
jones, robert
dunn, sarah

I always have to go into the metadata tab and change this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
turdette
turdette began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Ipad
1. Go into Preferences
2. Click on Add/Save (left hand side) - this opens up the editing for Adding/Saving/Sending Books
3. Click the box that says "Swap author firstname and lastname"

That should make it upload with the lastname first.

However, if you want to keep it that way for when you save the file you need to go into the "Saving books" and "Sending to device" under Add/Save.

Once there, you need to adjust the Templates for both.

This is the template I use:

{author}/{series} /{series_index:0>}{title}

If you are wanting to keep the lastnames first then try this one:

{author_sort}/{title}/{title}
turdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
turdette - I can't THANK YOU enough! I use Calibre almost everyday and I can't tell you what a pain that one little thing was. I absolutely love the program but just could not figure out how to do that so I didn't have to always do it manually everytime I added a book. I used the second suggestion as that is what I wanted. Much thanks to you.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
turdette
turdette began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Ipad
Not a problem. I am still on a learning curve myself...just figured out how to do the above in the last 2 days or so. Still haven't figured out the coding for adding a book...if you learning anything new...let me know!

Cheers!
turdette is offline   Reply With Quote