Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
snelv
snelv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 intl.
Kindle Tricks, Tips, Shortcuts, Hacks(?)

As a new user (Kindle 2 intl.) I would like to find out if there are any more handy shortcuts and "hacks" known...
Anybody tried pressing ALT+M yet? ;-)
snelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Here's a couple things you could read:
http://igorsk.blogspot.com/2007/12/h...shell-and.html
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...595#post143595
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snelv View Post
As a new user (Kindle 2 intl.) I would like to find out if there are any more handy shortcuts and "hacks" known...
Anybody tried pressing ALT+M yet? ;-)
(Kindle 2) This only works from the main menu: You first must press alt, and while holding it down, then roll your finger so it also holds the shift key, and while you have these two held, then hit the M key.

If they could slip in this Easter egg, why couldn't they have included a notepad function?

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-25-2009 at 08:52 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
snelv
snelv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 intl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
thanks! found this as well, I guess thats a pretty good rundown:
http://ireaderreview.com/2009/03/09/...k-list-top-25/
snelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
[QUOTE=WT Sharpe;637050If they could slip in this Easter egg, why couldn't they have included a notepad function? [/QUOTE]

There is one for sale in the Kindle shop...
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
How much of this works in Kindle 2 Intl? For example I have not been able to access the terminal but it could be me that is not able to read the instructions.
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas777 View Post
There is one for sale in the Kindle shop...
Really? Do you have the link?

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-25-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Make your own Notepad function

I found the link, but I wouldn't recommend it except to people who don't have a computer because it's so easy to make your own customized Notepad. I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier.

Simply open your computer's Notepad application.

Type in:
A
B
C
(etc.)

or something like:
Memos
Book Ideas
Misc.
(etc.)

Save and import your Notepad file into your Kindle, then open it in your Kindle.

Bring your cursor to the desired location. Type your note and save. To view, edit, or delete your note, click on the superscript number that has appeared beside that entry.

To view all your notes, open your file and select "My Notes and Marks."

To view on your computer, import your Kindle's "My Clippings" file to your Documents folder and go to the last entry for your desired Notepad section.

Cripes I feel dumb. It was there all along.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-25-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Add title/text
Old 10-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Cripes I feel dumb. It was there all along.
Don't worry, you aren't the only one who went through the process of cursing Amazon then realizing how easy it was to create it yourself hehe
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Don't worry, you aren't the only one who went through the process of cursing Amazon then realizing how easy it was to create it yourself hehe
Thanks! I feel all better now!