Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Sony eBookstore & Bundles

I got my first shiny eBook reader yesterday! Woo hoo! I am the proud mamma of a new red PRS-505, and, much to the dismay of my boss, I can't stop smiling at it (as well as actually reading)!

Anyway, I'm still poking around the Sony eBook store, and have a question: Are bundles short-term special prices, or are they pretty much available all the time? For example, I bought the Charlaine Harris Southern Vampires bundle (actually a huge motivator to by the 505 in the first place!), and just discovered a new writer, Kathy Reichs, who has a bundle on Sony. I'm trying to not go broke in the first month of owning the 505, so I've been convincing myself I don't need to buy the Reichs bundle, as it'll still be around in a few months. Is this true? Is the bundle a permanent offering, or just a short term deal that I should get while I have the chance?

I figure most of you have had your Readers longer than 24 hours, so I thought I'd check in with the expertise of those who have used the Sony bookstore longer, too. Thanks (again!) for the help!
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
I'd had Sony readers since 2007 (500, then 505, now the 600) and I've been buying books from the Sony bookstore from the very beginning. I don't remember every bundle they've ever had, but I do know they've had the same Dean Koontz bundle since they started offering his books. The price has gone up a little, as I'm sure the cost of the actual physical books in the brick-and-mortar bookstores have, but the bundle is still cheaper than buying the individual books.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I purchase a bundle that they no longer offer. I believe some are on there for quite awhile and some are sort term discounts.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:18 AM   #4
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
It's a permanent offering. Sometimes the price might change if it's a special, but mostly that's a set price for the bundle. A bundle is one file for multiple books by an author or genre. They offer bundles usually for series, like the Dean Koontz Odd Thomas Collection.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony ebook store