Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #421
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
I have twenty reviewers and five retailers that want eval samples...I got offered $300 for a Pocket PRO today from a reviewer who wants to buy it and get out the first story...
That's great news!

Robert, I hope that when they are available you or one of your colleagues will post a YouTube video about it.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #422
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
FOr some reason I've seen that some devices will think they are connected to a computer even though they are connected only to a power supply. And since most of them cannot be used while connected to the computer, that makes them unusable....luckily it appears the pro is not affected by this.
A lot of it will depend on the power the MicroUSB unit has supplied. Lower power will not trigger the connection to a PC.
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #423
rling
Connoisseur

Quote:
Shipping time across the pond (ocean) is projected to be 5-7 days, from what they have told me. Please don't beat me if the freight is faster!
Wishing to place order for one to be shipped across the other pond to Australia. The web page does not permit non US/Canada addresses. Any other options for me?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #424
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by rling View Post
Wishing to place order for one to be shipped across the other pond to Australia. The web page does not permit non US/Canada addresses. Any other options for me?
You have to go to astak.com and click on international orders on the bottom left.
But you also might want to check out this post: Australia and New Zealand: New ebook reader
It's basically the same device as the 6" EZ Reader but with different firmware. And with local customer service. Here is a review of the ECO Reader
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #425
rling
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
You have to go to astak.com and click on international orders on the bottom left.
Thanks for that. Just place my order for the 5" unit. I am aware of the 6" unit, but also aware that the unit is 'older technology'. Also it is still cheaper to purchase it from US. Might regret it should the unit needs repair, but will cross my fingers.
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #426
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
I received my reply from Rhino Skins..

Quote:
Dear Mr. Griffonwing,

Thank you for your interest in Saunders products, in particular our RhinoSkin line. RhinoSkin cases are very device specific. Unfortunately at this time we do not have one available for your particular device nor do we have plans for such at this time. I forwarded your request to our Product Development department. Should a case for the EZreader become available you will be notified by email. Again, thank you for your inquiry.

Sincerely,
MaryLou Jameson
Customer ServiceSaunders Customer Service Phone: 800-341-4674 65 Nickerson Hill Rd
csr@saunders-usa.com Fax: 207.685.9918 Readfield, ME 04355
Hours: 8:00am-5:30pm EST http://www.saunders-usa.com/
I pasted contact info as well, in case anyone else wishes to email or call them. I figure, if they get inundated with calls and emails for them, they might wake up.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #427
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post

I pasted contact info as well, in case anyone else wishes to email or call them. I figure, if they get inundated with calls and emails for them, they might wake up.
I suspect they would have been more interested if you had told them that such a case would fit several products, not just one.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #428
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Attn: Robert!

I went to the Astak website and looked at what it had to say about the Pocket Pro. It listed what comes in the package, and it did not mention a USB cable to link the unit with one's computer to download the books!

Am I missing something?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #429
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I suspect they would have been more interested if you had told them that such a case would fit several products, not just one.

Dale
I did mentioned that the EZ Reader and Pocket Pro were the same as the HanlinV3 and V5, although I neglected to mention all of the other clones.

Perhaps if they get enough requests, they would see it as a viable option.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #430
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Dear SDRebel:

I want mine also. All I have are 6 that we pulled out from black ones and put into the colored plastic halves and tyried to reassemble. They look good and work alright... but they are not fit to own.

I am waiting for my Slate Blue to arrive just like you are (although I am begining to fall under the spell of the Metallic Purple). I have twenty reviewers and five retailers that want eval samples... and we are all waiting. I got offered $300 for a Pocket PRO today from a reviewer who wants to buy it and get out the first story... and I do not have any to sell.

Do like I do... post crazy notes to Griffonwing.
but I want it NOW! ...btw, good to see you are seeing a lot of interest
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #431
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

I wants my birthday present, precious! My birthday is tomorrow, and I wants it! I sense a two-week long pout-session coming on
Old 08-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #432
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
A great option for Australia!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rling View Post
Please go to www.astak.com to place your order (pre-order).

The reason we use two websites is that the www.astak.com takes PayPal and the other wesbite only takes credit cards. PayPal is much easier for you and much safer for Astak on International shipping and transactions!

Don't forget to choose your color? We have six to choose from!!

Thank you, mate!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO Color Group Shot.jpg.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	34543  
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #433
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Griffonwing pouting??

Quote:
I wants my birthday present, precious! My birthday is tomorrow, and I wants it! I sense a two-week long pout-session coming on
Dear Griffonwing:

Oh God, please, NO!! You pouting for two weeks means a dark cloud cast on a very FUN time. Last minute changes are being made by the factory. They are planning to have a choice where you can set the scrool wheel to advance pages OR adjust the music volume, for example!!

Try painting yourself in slate blue and attending a Razorback's football game!!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #434
Robertb

USB cable is in the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Attn: Robert!

I went to the Astak website and looked at what it had to say about the Pocket Pro. It listed what comes in the package, and it did not mention a USB cable to link the unit with one's computer to download the books!

Am I missing something?
I will go to the Astak website and check on this omission. Which website was it: www.theEZreader.com or www.astak.com??

Do NOT worry. The USB cable does come with the unit!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO What Comes in Box.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	34544  
Old 08-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #435
Robertb

I will write and call them!!

Quote:

Dear Griffie:

Thank you for the contact info!! I will email and call to let them know we are serious!!