Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Matth3w
Matth3w began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Please help with converting PDF to LRF. Desperate!

I have several very good books in PDF format. They are absolutely atrocious looking when converted using Calibre to LRF format. While they look like a normal book in Acrobat, when they are converted there are random line breaks, dialog has no return after each piece ("dialog a""dialog b""dialog c"), etc.

What settings should I use for Acrobat format books when converting? Maybe that is my problem?
Matth3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What I do for PDFs is export it to HTML using Acrobat and then pull that into Book Designer. Sometimes it works great. Sometimes I lose all the italics. Sometimes the HTML won't load into BD and I have to mess with the HTML and then try loading it again. With PDF you can never tell what you'll end up with when trying to make it into something else.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The pdflrf program always gave me great results [search for it on thepiratebay.org]. I haven't tried soPdf but I expect it would give similar results. These programs preserve the format of the PDF by chopping the pages up to fit on the Sony Reader screen. I think that's a better method than trying to turn the PDF into reflowable text.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
BookDesigner is much better in converting PDF to LRF than Calibre. I had the same experience with Calibre and abandoned it completely. BD is better in every way, the only thing is that it cannot batch convert.
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote