Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
13 Netbooks for $399 or less

Nothing new; just a good summary.

http://www.liliputing.com/2008/10/1-...9-or-less.html
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A minor correction: the Dell Inspiron Mini 9 (at least as supplied in the UK) has a 16GB solid state disk, not 8GB as stated. I have one.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
GntlmnBndt
Zealot
GntlmnBndt doesn't litterGntlmnBndt doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad
I looked over several of these. Lots of nice deals, but none have the right combo of features to get me to break open the piggy bank. I can see the attraction, though.

As for the Dell, the base model they describe is the US model which does come with a 4GB SSD at that price. Of course, there are lots of options available, including the $50 8GB/XP upgrade they describe, and the option to match your 16GB SSD. Did yours come with XP or Ubuntu? I've been wondering how well Ubuntu runs on these machines -- as much as I like it, it is a bit of a resource hog compared to other distros.

The Bandit

Last edited by GntlmnBndt; 10-21-2008 at 11:23 AM.
GntlmnBndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
In the UK, the XP version has a 16GB disk, and the Linux version an 8GB disk. Sounds like the configuration is different in the US, from what you say.

I have the XP version. I like it a lot - it's the perfect machine for mobile internet access via WiFi.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote