Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-13-2008, 04:59 PM   #31
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Granted. The stories are all excruciatingly boring and infinitely long.

I wish there is no such thing as wishing.
Your wish creates a paradox, canceling your post out of existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Granted, they're Zimbabwean dollars - don't spend them all at once .

I wish in all stories where the hero is given three wishes; he uses one of those wishes to wish for infinite wishes.
Granted. The genie mocks him. After all, wishing for more wishes, even if its wished to be wished for, goes against the rules of wishing!

I wish for a million dollars in United States of America currency.

Last edited by Dylrob; 09-13-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #32
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Your wish creates a paradox, canceling your post out of existence.

Granted. The genie mocks him. After all, wishing for more wishes, even if its wished to be wished for, goes against the rules of wishing!

I wish for a million dollars in United States of America currency.

Granted - 100 million cents fall from the sky on top of you....

I wish for good paying contract...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2008, 06:23 PM   #33
Cookie Monster
Connoisseur
Cookie Monster doesn't litterCookie Monster doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Granted - 100 million cents fall from the sky on top of you....

I wish for good paying contract...
Granted- You are now a sewage inspector

I wish we would find the all lost works of Aristotle
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #34
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
I wish we would find the all lost works of Aristotle
Granted. He wrote them in a totally perfect code (which would also function as a good DRM system), and died before recording the key.

I wish I could build a star drive.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #35
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Granted. You successfully build a road leading straight to the sun.

I wish for some delicious fish tacos.
Advert
Old 09-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #36
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Granted. From Macho Taco & Sushi you get three delicious live shark tacos. (A live shark wrapped in a crispy taco shell with all the fixin's.)

I wish I could speak another language like German or French.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #37
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Granted, but now you're a mute, so it's moot! :P

My turn: I wish that I could control time, so I can travel back and forth doing as I will without creating any paradoxes or cancelling myself or loved ones out.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #38
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Granted. From Macho Taco & Sushi you get three delicious live shark tacos. (A live shark wrapped in a crispy taco shell with all the fixin's.)

I wish I could speak another language like German or French.

Granted - You now speak Phoenician. (nobody else does...)

I wish I had the daily stock closings for the next ten years.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #39
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
LOL, beat ya to it... so I'll take care of yours too!

Granted: You have the daily stock closings as requested for the next ten years... at the end of each day for the next ten years, you'll receive that day's closing AND the past days prior up to the inception point of this wish! :P
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:25 PM   #40
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
My turn: I wish that I could control time, so I can travel back and forth doing as I will without creating any paradoxes or cancelling myself or loved ones out.
Granted. However this power does not limit itself to you, but rather moves the entire earth back and forth. Essentially making it useless.

I wish for lower gasoline prices.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:41 PM   #41
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I wish for lower gasoline prices.
Granted. Now the price window is on the bottom of the pump. (Ba-da-bump-tash! Thank you! I'm here all week!)

I wish ePub was the universal e-book format.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:59 AM   #42
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Granted. Now the price window is on the bottom of the pump. (Ba-da-bump-tash! Thank you! I'm here all week!)

I wish ePub was the universal e-book format.
Granted. Universal converts all their scripts to ePub. Meanwhile Disney converts their scripts to Mobi, and Sony creates yet another proprietary format for their film studios.

I wish for an ebook device with a 9.7" fully rollable eInk display.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #43
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
I wish for an ebook device with a 9.7" fully rollable eInk display.
Granted. However, the display doesn't unroll.

I wish everyone in the world was already able to think critically (so I wouldn't be forced to take a class in how to do so).
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #44
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Granted. But they then spend all their time discussing modal operator shift fallacies, so nobody does any real work.

I wish that the rain would stop.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #45
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Granted. But they then spend all their time discussing modal operator shift fallacies, so nobody does any real work.

I wish that the rain would stop.
Granted, you will live in drought for the rest of your life.

I wish I knew what to wish for.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr. who by llounge llamas, unutterable silliness