Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #16
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
... The only time you may run into trouble is when there is more than one chapter (or toc entry) in one xhtml file....
I try hard to avoid that as it confuses the bookari TOC. the starting page numbers for chapters get offset when there is not a 1- 1 chapter - html file correspondence
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:17 PM   #17
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaot View Post
My homework is done. From you! All you wrote is tailor-made to my needs. You had thought of everything. No demands. BRAVO!
Now I start with sigil.
Glad that solved it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaot View Post
Life's work of a not only star journalist in the 1915-1935 - Joseph Roth Werke 1 - 6
Fantastic project. Too bad I can't read German. Did you OCR all the PDFs yourself? Or were you working from some other source?

I had a similar project, I helped clean a collection of weekly newspaper articles written by Henry Hazlitt from 1946-1966 (~950 articles).

The TOC was organized by:

- Year
--- Title (sorted chronologically)

or one journal I helped digitize that ran from 1969-1984 (~550 articles):

- Year
--- Volume, Date
----- Title

I still don't see why you would need links to go from the <h3> back to the TOC though... if you designed the TOC properly, you should be able to use the device's functionality to jump to any other chapter in the book:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HugeTOC.png
Views:	135
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	155229

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 02-22-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #18
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
Thanks for your kind words.

Reading his reports & books (his poems are lower quality; he wasn't a poet then a prose writer) give phenomenal insights in the daily live, the social and political circumstances of these ugly times - the first World War, then the power struggles in the Weimar Republic, followed by the nazi takeover.

Joseph Roth was an excellent journalist & (book)author. Also jew, a generous grand seigneur, and sadly, an alcoholic. These circumstances adversely affect his psychosocial, financial, and health situation.

Former a close friend to Stefan Zweig; I read their (voluminous) correspondence „Jede Freundschaft mit mir ist verderblich“ (not involved in Werke 1-6). German wikipedia offers obviously much more info than the English one.

I download from archive.org source the ePub & PDF files (former are quite faulty, only to use as a rough concept - latter for the visual insights) and use largely the format that is given; appropriately adjusted to the ereader medium.

Name:	Inhalt (Werke 2)(PDF).png
Views:	147
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	155251
Inhalt (Werke 2)(PDF)

Quote:
I still don't see why you would need links to go from the <h3> back to the TOC though... if you designed the TOC properly, you should be able to use the device's functionality to jump to any other chapter in the book:
In calibre or sigil there are no problems with overview/orientation.

Name:	Edit Book view (Werke 2).png
Views:	153
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	155254
Edit Book view (Werke 2) (I like named, but only necessary entries (max 260 KB) in the Files Browser.)

But when reading the book with ereader? Let's say I read any report in the middle of a volume. The inline ToC in one book is about 70 pages, 8 entries per ereader page.

Name:	ToC.png
Views:	146
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	155253
inline ToC (toc.xhtml)

The views of calibre Edit Book to sigil are different. So far I got very few experience with sigil.

Last edited by chaot; 02-23-2017 at 12:22 PM.
chaot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #19
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
Just I found another calibre method of ID-naming (in the subconscious know to me for some time). Can anybody say something about!?

Code:
<body>

<h2 class="h_year">1933</h2>

<h3 id="calibre_pb_25">Dichter im Dritten Reich</h3>

<p class="roman_numb">I</p>
That's a system similar to sigil's:

Code:
<h3 id="sigil_toc_id_2">Golkonda</h3>
chaot is offline   Reply With Quote