Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #1
Geenween
Enthusiast
Geenween began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Energy reader Pro+
Energy Reader Pro+/Bouye T62D battery issue

Question about battery: has anyone experienced finding the reader at 0% battery if left in stand-by for more than 24-48 hours? It has happened a few times with mine, both at 'basic condition' (original FW, no apps installed) and rooted or with the Carta ROM found here at MR.

I tried to check it in-between a few times, but the indicator gives me 100% battery until the reader is dead.
Geenween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:11 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geenween View Post
Question about battery: has anyone experienced finding the reader at 0% battery if left in stand-by for more than 24-48 hours? It has happened a few times with mine, both at 'basic condition' (original FW, no apps installed) and rooted or with the Carta ROM found here at MR.

I tried to check it in-between a few times, but the indicator gives me 100% battery until the reader is dead.
Try a battery calibration app while rooted. And I would recommend turning off the wifi when you are putting it on standby. I use the ds battery saver app using the slumberer option. My wifi is off unless I am using calibre companion. I usually loose 3-5% battery if not used in 24 hrs so probably should be okay for 20-25 day although I have never not used it for that long at a stretch.
If all that doesnt work then your device battery is spoiled probably.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2017, 05:16 AM   #3
Geenween
Enthusiast
Geenween began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Energy reader Pro+
I've made a few test with Wi-fi both on and off. Didn't try apps that made the device go in deep sleep as I suspected there was something waking the reader up in some occasions and I was trying to figure out what it was: while I had the Carta Rom I randomly found the screen saver images blanched out. However it didn't happen with the original FW back and app to scan battery activity weren't helpful.

When in use though, battery didn't seem to deplete too fast, the problem is that due to the issue above I never got below a certain level due to the stand-by drain.
Geenween is offline   Reply With Quote