Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
mattjg01
mattjg01 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Calibre Start-up Problem

Just downloaded and installed the latest calibre version. However, when I try to start the GUI the mouse icon changes momentarily and my hard drive is accessed but the GUI never appears. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Matt
mattjg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what operating system are you on and what version of calibre did you upgrade from?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
mattjg01

Hi

Not been about for a while. I'm using Windows XP SP3, and it was a clean install not an update of a previous install. I had used the software in the past but reformatted my hard drive so was starting again.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:51 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

update to 0.4.83
Old 09-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #5
mattjg01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
update to 0.4.83
Hi version 0.4.83 is the version I have been trying without success.
Advert
Old 09-02-2008, 10:18 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_m...ing-on-windows