Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2016, 02:03 PM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:

P.S. No, I don't attach my mouse to my iPad! Is it even possible??

Cheers
Only if you jailbreak.

IMO lack of cursor/mouse support is one of iOS's self-imposed weaknesses and the main thing that prevents an iPad from being a better laptop replacement. It would be lovely to be able to use an external trackpad or mouse along with external keyboard.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:59 PM   #17
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
There are a couple of older apps which do what you want. Tomes and UbooksXL (theres a free version of this to play with, as well, just called uBooks)
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2016, 10:44 AM   #18
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow, people are so prickly around here. For what it's worth, Barns's first post was clear enough for me to understand what he meant. It's a form of reading I actually don't prefer—I like to take my e-books a complete screen at a time, rather than scrolling down them like a webpage—but so what? He's entitled to his preference. If you disagree with it, then don't hit the reply button. There's no need to be obtuse and pretend like you don't know what he means.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #19
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, Barns, it looks like Gerty scrolls just fine in the free version. You get the ability to make it scroll automatically if you buy the commercial version, which you could use for reading hands-free, but otherwise you can simply slide your finger up and up the text goes.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote