Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-06-2008, 06:07 AM   #121
Ceili
well, that didn't work
Ceili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
At this moment I'm listening to... Hello Bonjour- Michael Franti and Spearhead (for about the 20th time...yep, I just stuck it on repeat and I'm chair dancing my way to getting ready to sleep time!)
Ceili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #122
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Are You Ready?

The Housemartins

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 04-16-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #123
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm your brother, don't you know,
she's my sister, don't you know

can't imagine what could possibly have made you think of that song.

madame b, we're always ready for whatever you're planning to throw our way. ready, yet completely unprepared, simultaneously. (what ? oxymoron ? where ?)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #124
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right now I am releasing my inner "New Bohemian."

What I Am
Old 07-06-2008, 11:02 PM   #125
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Now I'm embracing you
From the highest altitude
The telescopes our friends they watch us
These heights are dangerous
From here I can see why
Our astronauts retire early

(The Best Thing Boom Crash Opera)

Cheers,
Marc ("I put my spacesuit on, I count from 10 to 1")
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #126
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can’t seem to face up to the facts,
I'm tense and nervous, can't relax,
can't sleep, bed's on fire,
Don't touch me I'm a real live wire.

(Psycho Killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?, Talking Heads)

I watch this video from Stop Making Sense and can't help but think that David Byrne is everywhere you wanna be, baby! The man's bug-eyed brilliance has the music of the strange-spheres ready to blast through his veins like the overture of a quaking neutron star.

Cheers,
Marc ("Je me lance vers la gloire ... OK!")
Old 07-07-2008, 12:44 AM   #127
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Will you miss me when you're sober?, Deborah Conway

Cheers,
Marc (with whisky tears and a feeling close to numb)
Old 07-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #128
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

...And I get all your good advice
It doesn't stop me from going through these things twice
I see the knives out, I turn my back
I hear the train coming, I stay right on that track
In the middle, in the middle, in the middle of a dream
I lost my shirt, I pawned my rings
I've done all the dumb things
I melted wax to fix my wings
I threw my hat into the ring
I thought that I just had to sing

(Dumb Things, Paul Kelly)

Cheers,
Marc ("Welcome strangers to the show..")
Old 07-07-2008, 01:19 AM   #129
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

How many cabs in New York City, how many angels on a pin?
How many notes in a saxophone, how many tears in a bottle of gin?
How many times did you call my name, knock at the door but you couldn't get in?

(I know...I've been...Careless...I lost...my tenderness, Paul Kelly)

Cheers,
Marc ("...How many ways can you lose friend?")
Old 07-07-2008, 01:33 AM   #130
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

I have always thought in the back of my mind,

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 03-20-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #131
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

now, rather surreally, i am listening to the cacophany of apparently a bazillion seagulls.

in paris.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #132
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
now, rather surreally, i am listening to the cacophany of apparently a bazillion seagulls.

in paris.
The original or the punk rock cover?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #133
zelda_pinwheel

it seems to be the punk rock cover. but then we are talking about seagulls ; i'm pretty sure even the original is a punk rock cover.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #134
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Backup vocals for The SHUMS?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #135
zelda_pinwheel

if only de facto...

actually, i'm not sure whether the shums are there or not anymore, because i wasn't lucid enough this morning to notice much of anything (more a testament to my being not at all matinal than to the shums being subdued or absent, but either of those is also possible). i'll have to try to wake up and pay attention tomorrow.

i do seem to remember drinking my coffee with no feelings of general misanthropy and sociopathy, so that would tend to indicate that the shums are in fact gone for the summer. pray every hypothetical god ever invented, collectively, that this is the case.

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)