Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
question about connectivity

would it be possible at all to make the iliad connect to iDS through the USB connector (presumably by making the companion software act as a virtual host/gateway)?

mind you, i'm not asking if someone not working for iRex should do it, but i've noticed that on the forums of the newspaper i have a subscription to via iDS a lot of people are having trouble with the "Get your newspaper anywhere" statement that was put in the advertisement, since the "anywhere" is limited to (different from the kindle) 'anywhere you can find a WiFi network to log onto' or 'anywhere where you can establish a wired connection without having to activate the connection through a browser first (with those pay as you go connections sometimes found in hotels)'..

i think it would be helpful if, through installing the software (better would be to make the software able to run from a usb stick or the iLiad itself, without having to install first, but either will do to help increase the possibilities)
you could also connect through the usb cable.

(Explanation: A lot of the people who ordered the NRC (dutch newspaper)+iLiad (they gave you a 100-150€ discount on the combined price) are somewhat older, and complaining that not every WiFi network is connectable for them when they're not at home, (they don't know the concept of wardriving :P) while the offer is being advertised (by omission) as being as connectable as the Kindle is with its GRPS/3G connection, and are somewhat disenchanted by the fact that that isn't exactly possible)
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote