Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
DWoodhouse
DWoodhouse began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
kobo touch drive inaccessible after software install

Hi all,

I was just wondering if others have encountered this issue.
I just received my new kobo today and installed it. However, after installing the software the e-drive becomes inaccessible (windows tells me it needs formatting)

After several tests/factory resets I figured out that the reset kobo (not yet installed) does allow access to the e-drive, so its only after the software install through either wifi or the desktop client that it breaks the internal hd.
the sd card still works after that, but i am unable to sync since the main hd is not accessible

another symptom, though it might just have been false advertising:
It's supposed to be a 2gb drive, but windows only sees 1,3gb (before and after software install)

is it safe to say the kobo is broken, or is something else going on?
DWoodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Do you have another PC you can try? Or cable or USB port? There are some connection problems that could be what you describe.

The specs page has this note:
Quote:
*1 GB available to store content (over 1,000 eBooks).
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
DWoodhouse

tried both another pc (xp instead of win7) and other cables

I think you have a different type. according to multiple sites the specs for my kobo touch (N905-KDN-B) say 2GB of storage
For instance
http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/...specifications
Old 08-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoodhouse View Post
tried both another pc (xp instead of win7) and other cables
In that case, there probably is a fault. You should take it back.
Quote:
I think you have a different type. according to multiple sites the specs for my kobo touch (N905-KDN-B) say 2GB of storage
For instance
http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/...specifications
Yes, it has a 2GB micro SD card inside. But, some of it is used by the firmware. The line I posted before came from the specs on the Kobo site. That states it has 2GB of space, but only 1GB for storing books. As you can see, about 1.3GB is in a user accessible partition. The rest is taken by the firmware in other partitions and cannot be mounted to the PC when the device is connected.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
DWoodhouse

ah lol, ok
thx for the info, gonna call the store monday
Advert