Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-30-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Question Changing date on PW2? Deleting clippings.

I have a Kindle PW2 and was looking at the clippings file and noticed that the date of the clippings was all wrong.

I have set the time to the correct hour and minute, that was easy, but I can't find a way to set the date.

I transfer all my kindle books via usb because I don't have wifi (by choice) - the kindle was registered by Amazon during a phone call as a result of an email I sent via their help contact.

So how do I change the date on the kindle itself, or can I do this when it's connected to the pc?

Another issue: in the 'clippings' there were lots of redundant bookmarks, some refering to books no longer on the reader. Can I get rid of these, if so, how? The reason I would like to get rid of them is that they crowd out the bits of books which I've marked as interesting and would like to peruse without all this flotsam in the way.

Thanks lots for any help you could give me or direct me to.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
If the settings menu won't let you set it, it can't be done, except by connecting via wi-fi. Can't you go to a McDonalds or Starbucks and use their wi-fi for a minute?

You can copy the MyClippings.txt file onto your pc, and edit it to your heart's content. You could put it back onto your Kindle, I guess, but any new bookmarks, notes, etc. will be added to it. Make sure that if you edit it, you delete the accompanying "My Clippings.mbp" file, or your Kindle can get very mixed up. It happened to me once.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Take a look at http://clippingsconverter.com for managing your Kindle clippings. It imports and organizes your "My Clippings.txt" and makes it much easier to view your notes and stuff.

Regarding the time: the Kindle will reset the time back to the hardware settings when it reboots, but fixes itself when connected to WiFi.

There should be a way to fix it via the Jailbreak plus KindleTerminal (kterm). Requires KUAL.

This may be a little too geeky, though.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
If you don't want to/can't let it call home over WiFi, then you'll need to JailBreak it to set the date. (Either through the various tools available in the dev corner, or just w/ a shell and Amazon's settz & setdate utilities).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-01-2014 at 09:30 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'll need to have a word with a friend to see if he'll let me use his wifi. I'll have a close look at the Clippings Converter to see how that works.

Thanks so much for the advice.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert