Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #31
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVER733 View Post
Cool I really appreciate it as I`m an Apple fan. Have you managed already to remove the status bar in reading mode?
No way....
What I did is making it useful, adding folder's name and current page...

DISCLAIMER (read it with a smile on the face, as I did writing it...)
I'm not really an Apple fan. To be honest, I don't have anything made by Apple and sure I won't buy anything.
I used iphone's checkboxes just because they are cute and they suit me (I was looking for some slide switch images).
Anyway, I'm glad someone like them a little more because they are from an iphone!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #32
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
No, unjar not present....
My kindles have one. It is called "unzip".
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #33
test011
Connoisseur
test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: K2i, K3(B006), KT(WiFi)
Could you put a short instruction for uninstall? (And/Or upgrade from previous ImageGallery)
test011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #34
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by test011 View Post
Could you put a short instruction for uninstall? (And/Or upgrade from previous ImageGallery)
ImageGallery is automatically uninstalled when you install Komic.

If you want just to uninstall ImageGallery, download this, replace the start.sh file in /extension/imagegallery/bin with the one downloaded and run ImageGallery.
It will delete imagegallery from appreg.db.
Then, just remove imagegallery folder in extensions
Old 07-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #35
silver18
THE NOOB

I'm still working on the rename script to make it "universal"....

I'm using this command:

Code:
image="hello"
echo "$image" | grep -q "h"
Then, checking $? I should find:
Code:
0 One or more matches found.
1 No match found.
2 Syntax error or inaccessible file
But I get ALWAYS a 0 (even if searching "x" in "hello")!!!

It works on cygwin, but not in Kindle...
$? contains the exit status in busybox?
Advert
Old 07-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #36
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Statuses are returned correctly on my K5:
Code:
[root@kindle test]# image="hello"; echo "$image" | grep -q "x"; echo $?
[root@kindle test]# image="hello"; echo "$image" | grep -q "h"; echo $?
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #37
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The $? exit status variable will (**should**) work in busybox.
If using the busybox implementation of grep, that might work differently.

If you where running a Linux system (even a LiveCD one) you could get a busybox command shell by:
/bin/busybox ash

I don't have a clue if that will work under Cygwin, I never use Cygwin.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #38
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Statuses are returned correctly on my K5:
Code:
[root@kindle test]# image="hello"; echo "$image" | grep -q "x"; echo $?
[root@kindle test]# image="hello"; echo "$image" | grep -q "h"; echo $?
I see...it works that way...

But, using this (to check for spaces in variable image):
Code:
echo "$image" | grep -q " "
if [[ $? -eq 0 ]]
then
the if is always executed.

I managed to solve using this:
Code:
check=$(echo "$image" | grep " ")
if [[ -n "$check" ]]
then
Old 07-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #39
Nedstark81
Nedstark81 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 nt
hi, it can install on kindle nt too?
Nedstark81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #40
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That should be storing the matching line in $check.
Probably what you wanted done anyway.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #41
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedstark81 View Post
hi, it can install on kindle nt too?
Mmmm, I don't think so..It should work on the Touch only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That should be storing the matching line in $check.
Probably what you wanted done anyway.
Yep, it stores the matching line in $check and leaves $check empty if nothing is found.
It's just a way of checking it $image contains a space...
Old 07-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #42
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Yep, it stores the matching line in $check and leaves $check empty if nothing is found.
It's just a way of checking it $image contains a space...
Once you have that line (with spaces) captured in $check ...

You will have to change the IFS (Input Field Separator) to do anything with the stored contents (or to even pass the $check as a function argument or use it in an assignment statement).
Since the "space" character is one of the default input field separators.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #43
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Strange. Your code works for me:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
image="test test";
echo "$image" | grep -q " ";
if [[ $? -eq 0 ]]
then
 echo "found";
fi
As well as this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
image="test test";
case $image in
  *' '*) echo "found space" ;;
  *)   echo "not found" ;;
esac
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #44
silver18
THE NOOB

Strangely, the script works...and it contains exactly what I wrote...
Anyway, the second solution works so I'll stick with it by now!
As regards IFS, I always pass variables with "" around it...until now, no problems!
Old 07-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #45
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch
After jailbreaking my Kindle Touch I installed Komik, as the navtive Kindle support for comics / manga is not satisfying.
Sadly I was disappointed with Komik as it is also lacking in quite some features, though it has much potential.

Here are the things that I find most disturbing / annoying:
• I usually have multiple mangas with each some 100+ chapters. Although structured in (sub-)folders, why are all the single chapters displayed on the same level? Why not rather have a file browser of some sort with subfolders?
• If I have finished chapter 99 and want to continue with 100, I every time have to scroll down aaaall the way to the bottom. It would be better if you just could go back to where you selected the previous chapter aka file to read.
• Why is there no way to hide the status bar at the top and have full screen reading?
• I wish we could just read manga without having to prepare them every time in advance. This applies to renaming with Komik. If there is a script to rename all the randomly named files, why can’t Komik process them in the first place?
• Why does the welcome window show up on every start rather than just on the first time?

Sorry for all the nagging! I hope you do not take this as critisism rather than as a “wish list” of what Komik should be. I believe that it really can become the best way to read manga on the Kindle, giving it a little more polishing.
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons