Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
fbshot via the contentlister

I have repackaged fbshot so that it can be invoked as a stand-alone command from the contentlister. The screenshot is taken 30 seconds later, to give you time to get back to the screen you want.

Unzip the attached file and copy the fbshot directory into (say) the Programs directory on your CF card. Select fbshot from the contentlister to take a screenshot. A bit more than 30 seconds later, it will be in Programs/fbshot/shot with the current date and time in the filename.

I have only tested this on a CF card, but it should work anywhere you normally put contentlister based programs. For debugging, the stdout/stderr of the last invocation of the fbshot command is in Programs/fbshot/fbshot.log. If a 30 second delay is too short, change "-s 30" in run.sh.

The easiest way to access these files is probably via usb connection to a desktop, although mrxvt and emelfm2 can also access them.

I enclose two screenshots (contentlister in Programs directory, and FBReader). These do not do justice to what is on the iLiad screen (particularly for text), but this has always been a problem with fbshot.

EDIT: the screenshots are ok, but even when opening the thumbnails on a large screen the image may be rescaled by your web browser. Click on them again to get the full size and full quality image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iliad_071017_045708.png
Views:	1061
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	6409   Click image for larger version

Name:	iliad_071017_044152.png
Views:	1166
Size:	488.6 KB
ID:	6410  
Attached Files
File Type: zip fbshot_30s_v1.zip (7.6 KB, 745 views)

Last edited by wallcraft; 10-17-2007 at 01:49 AM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:11 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Thats a good package. Makes it sooo much easier, and i do not have to start dropbear and the network connection all the time.
Thanks
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Thanks wallcraft. It's a shame that I didn't upload something like this before. It's a one-liner shell script.

Well, your script doesn't work on my iLiad because fbshot can't find the shots folder.
To sum up, I tweaked it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fbshot_30s_v2.zip (10.2 KB, 730 views)
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote