Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
crazysmile
crazysmile began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
what folder do I put an app in?

I have several apk files on my computer and I'm tying to get them onto my new pocket edge. I put the apk file in the downloads file on the pocket edge and unmount the PE. However when I try to install them the PE keeps saying "application not installed". I have tried this with 3 different apk files so it isn't just the file I'm missing something here. I know I am running a current enough version of android for the apk files. What do I do? One of my friends said to download astro file manager from the android market but to my knowledge the android market doesn't work on the PE.
crazysmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Which three apk files? There are lots of app's that just simply wont work and will come up with those same install errors, so it is very likely to be the files. Installing yourself by copying the files will likely require root privileges.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
crazysmile

the one I really care about at the moment is the x-men game that is here http://www.amazon.com/Konami-Digital...0568681&sr=1-1 and what about the astro file manager does it work on the pocket edge?

Last edited by crazysmile; 07-13-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysmile View Post
the one I really care about at the moment is the x-men game that is here http://www.amazon.com/Konami-Digital...0568681&sr=1-1 and what about the astro file manager does it work on the pocket edge?
there are lots of reviews there of people saying that that game wont work on tablets, so the game most likely wont work on the PE. Also, anything that would need multitouch wont play well at all if it would even install at all(from the screenshots it would seem like this game requires multitouch). And yes, astro file manager will work, but you will probably need to root your PE before you can use it to install apps.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
crazysmile

thanks for the help you saved me alot of time and headache
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysmile View Post
OK, we know you at least 9 years old.
If you send me the app (it's too expensive for me) I'll try to figure out why it refuses to be installed and how to get around that.
Playability is not my problem.
Promise to discard after that.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:45 AM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome, crazysmile!

Have you played around with ES file explorer? I don't know what Astro file manager does, but the ES file explorer that comes with the PE does a fine job for navigating around the unrooted innards.

I hope you (or ptsenter!) can get your game to work. I know how it is if you have a favorite you like to play . . .
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote