Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #31
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
I got a Kindle 3 for the new Pearl screen. Then I found the 650 was available and bought it -- I have returned the Kindle. Advantages of the 650:
1. epub.
2. Customizable fonts.
3. Does justification properly.
4. Smaller.
5. Touch -- I kept hitting the page buttons on the Kindle by mistake as I held it.
6. Case with light is much better than Kindle case with light (which I am also returning), as the Kindle one doesn't illuminate the whole screen very well.

Disadvantage: no wireless -- but I don't miss that too much.

The Kindle's use of only mobi/azw is especially annoying.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #32
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpostman View Post
No, seriously. I take my reader with me to work so when I'm carrying it to the car with my coffee and whatnot it is nice to slip a wrist cord around your hand so you don't risk dropping it. I dropped the 505 (with case) a few times doing this before I put a wrist strap on it. Even with a case, these reader WILL get damaged when dropped from short heights.

On the bottom left.

What case is that and is it on your 650? I'm going bonkers trying to find something..I refuse to let the official sony cover become my only option at this point lol

TIA
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #33
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
That's the original case that came with the 505 - I doubt it would fit the 650 (but you never know).
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #34
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
That's the original case that came with the 505 - I doubt it would fit the 650 (but you never know).
Well Poo! lol

Thanks..the quest continues
Old 10-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #35
flyingpostman
flyingpostman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegster View Post

It doesn't fit, the 650 is about an inch shorter than the 505.
flyingpostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #36
terraskye
Groupie

I picked this up today at my local Chapters/Indigo today.

I knew I just wanted some kind of sleeve and not a cover per se and something neoprene and not expensive (especially after buying my 650) and this fit the bill and was only 15$ CDN and was originally intended for the Kobo..there is the kobo branding on the back but its not annoying.

hopefully i linked the photo correctly lol

Now waiting for DecalGirl to get skins made for the new readers
Old 10-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #37
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
I picked this up today at my local Chapters/Indigo today.

I knew I just wanted some kind of sleeve and not a cover per se and something neoprene and not expensive (especially after buying my 650) and this fit the bill and was only 15$ CDN and was originally intended for the Kobo..there is the kobo branding on the back but its not annoying.

hopefully i linked the photo correctly lol

Now waiting for DecalGirl to get skins made for the new readers
Very nice, I love the colour. I will pick one up if they still have them next time I'm in Toronto.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #38
terraskye
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Very nice, I love the colour. I will pick one up if they still have them next time I'm in Toronto.

I loved the colour too. They had them in the blue, black, pink and purple too