Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #16
meglet
Enthusiast
meglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Another NC10 owner here. I love mine, and use it far more frequently than I expected, because it's so comfortable to use. I sprung for the 2GB memory upgrade (about $20 from Newegg.)

The keyboard is nearly full size, but small enough to have a nearly normal layout. The concession they made was to put the home/end/pgup/pgdown keys on the arrow keys, requiring the Function key to make them work.

The trackpad is a little small, but it does have a scroll bar built in. I usually use a multi-button wireless mouse anyway.

Battery life is great.

Screen size is acceptable, and the screen is MATTE, not glossy, woohoo! (The color is tinted a little too much toward blue, though. Can't do any decent photo processing on it.)

And, for those of you who like to experiment, Windows 7 runs GREAT on it. Fast and stable.
meglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:10 AM   #17
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meglet View Post
Screen size is acceptable, and the screen is MATTE, not glossy, woohoo! (The color is tinted a little too much toward blue, though. Can't do any decent photo processing on it.)
About this part, I saw some new color profiles for the NC10 on several websites.
Here is one of them (the website is in french, though) :
http://img1.focus-numerique.com/focu...ung%20NC10.icc

Some explanations on color profiles, and install information :
http://www.focus-numerique.com/test-...cations-1.html
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #18
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
About this part, I saw some new color profiles for the
http://img1.focus-numerique.com/focu...ung%20NC10.icc
My PC doesn't know what extension .icc is. What do you suggest I open this file with, I've googled it and know what it is.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #19
meglet
Enthusiast
meglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for the links, Gaurnim. I did some calibration, Windows 7 has some semi-decent options, but it's still not acceptable for even field processing photos. I'll have to give that new color profile a try this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
My PC doesn't know what extension .icc is. What do you suggest I open this file with, I've googled it and know what it is.

WDE.
You don't actually open an .icc file, you have to load it in the monitor properties. I don't have a Windows system handy, so this is from memory, but it should get you close:

Go to Display Properties/Settings (where you can change the resolution)/Advanced (little button on the bottom right, above the OK button) and there should be a tab named "Color" or something similar. In that tab will be a "Load" or "Install" button. Point it at that icc file.
meglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:24 AM   #20
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Here is a link to an English translation of the Windows instruction page on the site I gave above :
http://sysurl.systranet.fr/?systrang...h0bWwvZnJfZW4=

The link above surely won't be eternal, so here is the URL of the page to translate if you need it :
http://www.focus-numerique.com/test-...windows-2.html

EDIT :
The color profile I mention comes from a website that's doing a lot of tests and articles on digital cameras, so the profile might be a good one.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote