Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-04-2016, 11:19 PM   #1
guester
guester began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for Mac
Amazon Topaz error

Hi
I am new to the thread and have just added Calibre app to my Macbook. My primary ebook is Kindle. W"hen I add a Kindle ebook to Calibre and click to open, a message says "Topaz Error: This is an Amazon Topaz book. It cannot be processed."

I have googled for an answer without finding one. Has anyone experienced and solved the problem?
guester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yes, calibre does not support Topaz books.

The only tool I know which handles Topaz books is Apprentice Alf's DeDRM tools, which also extract Topaz books into HTMLZ. Or at least extract the OCR layer into an HTMLZ...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote