Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-24-2016, 12:12 AM   #1
Amiieey
Connoisseur
Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Likebook Mars, Kindle Fire HD 8
PDF extremely slow?

I just installed the Kobo Start Menu 08 and the KOreader today, it's my first time using it. Upon opening a 14 mb PDF of a book, it just takes 5-10 seconds or even longer to switch pages. I even let it load for a while but it's still like this. Once it's been open on a page before, it can go back a certain few pages before it slows up, or forward a couple of pages before it slows down again. I love the reflow and all that but sad how it's slow. Is it normal that it's slow?

Ps: I am using a Kobo Aura H2O on the latest firmware. Thanks!
Amiieey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
No that would not be normal. On my AuraHD even such large files usually only take a couple of seconds to load the first time then page turns are normal. I do remember where one had a large number of photos that slowed it down. Have you tried other pdfs? It may be easier to find what might be the issue, if it turns out to apply to only certain types of pdfs.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote