Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #16
ebookread
Enthusiast
ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PRS-T2, PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qaz2wsx View Post
... Also that Android 4.3 operating system will be on all devices...
I am also anticipating this android device. I hope it has a comic (CBR/CBZ) reader.If thats possible on 6".I also like the fluid refresh rate of the e-ink display.
I've also read on a german forum it would be android 2.3?
The question would be if there are still working apps for that version?
I do not have a smartphone so it may be simple question to answer for those users.
ebookread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #17
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookread View Post
I've also read on a german forum it would be android 2.3?
Many apps work on android 2.3. I have one smartphone running 2.3

There is some discussion regarding api level in the blog link here, i haven't read it thoroughly though: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=19
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
ebookread
Enthusiast
ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thx for the links. I translated using translate.google.com and it says it cost 6990 rubel thats about 159€.
The device is called "i63ML Maxwell" and has 512MB Ram and 1Ghz Processor.It also has a Li-Ion, 1600 mAh.
So i was thinking of grabbing a i62HD Firefly for cheap, but the specs just aren´t that good as the Maxwell´s!
Let´s see how the PRST3 matches up to those specs?

I also have a special question about charging a spare battery:

how do you charge a spare part like this once a year just to keep the battery as a backup?

http://ereader-store.de/de/zubehor/4...oox-i62hd.html

Last edited by ebookread; 07-30-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #19
1qaz2wsx
1qaz2wsx began at the beginning.

Device: Android on EInk
Intersting. I wonder what are the differences between the i63ml and c65.
1qaz2wsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #20
Philju
Enthusiast
Philju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
Hi,

does anybody know when the R65 will be brought on the market? Perhaps Booxtor can give us a few details. Any information is highly appreciated.

Regards
Philju
Philju is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #21
ebookread
Enthusiast

should be available in NOV 2013
Old 09-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #22
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
here the latest news
- http://onyx-international.com.cn/en/...php?serial=892
Quote:
On TAIPEI COMPUTEX we also exhibited a slim and lightweight 6-inch reader BOOX C65, only 8.7mm thinkness (thinker 1mm than iphone5 ), about 180g weight . C65 also use android operating system.
http://onyx-international.com.cn/en/...php?serial=897 (the video (!!!))
Quote:
BOOX C65 built-in automatic sleep function, with particular cover, can achieve automatic sleep, covered on sleep, open to wake up!
Differences from Onyx Boox i63ML (Maxwell):
- No infrared touch screen - it's capacitive
- Other body
- Paging buttons on both sides of the screen, but the "single", and not double
- At the bottom will not stick - the BACK button
- Less weight
- thinner

Отличия от Onyx Boox i63ML Maxwell:
- тачскин не инфракрасный, а емкостной
- другой корпус
- кнопки листания с обеих сторон от экрана, но кнопки "одинарные", а не двойные
- внизу будет не джойстик, а кнопка BACK
- меньше вес
- тоньше
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #23
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
IMO these readers would be much better if they included official support for Google Play. I don't wanna have to deal with third-party app stores or hunting apk through all the net. I know it costs money but I for one would pay a bit more if it had Google Play support.
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #24
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
iampiti, Unfortunately the quality of "improvements" Android in the new books i63 very poor :
- Problems with power
- Problems with sleep mode
- Small format support.
Installing software from "outside" does not give a good result - they do not Adapting to E-ink screens. They need to write from scratch (or seriously remake for Onyx)

+ Another news (the book is now testing our distributor (in Russian) - Mack Center):
* Capacitive touch screen over screen
* Battery capacity 1700 mAh.
* Sound model for Russia again is not present
* Visual contrast markedly higher than that of i63ML, despite the presence of a touch layer. Used new type display (???)

iampiti, к сожалению качество "доработки" Android в новых книгах i63 очень низкое :
- проблемы с питанием
- проблемы с режимом сна
- малая поддержка форматов.
Установка программ "извне" не даёт хорошего результата - они не адаптированя для E-ink экранов. Их надо писать с нуля (или серьёзно переделывать под Onyx)

+ ещё новости (книгу сейчас тестирует наш дистрибьютор (в России) - Мак-Центр):
* емкостный тачскрин над экраном
* мощность аккумулятора 1700 мАч.
* звука в модели для России опять нет
* визуально контрастность заметно выше, чем у i63ML, несмотря на наличие сенсорного слоя. Использован новый тип дисплея (???)
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #25
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
Sorry to hear about the problems of the new Onyx Android ereaders. I was hoping their new rumored large Android ereader would be my next one.
About the Android apps not working well with eink: You've probably seen this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JsCXPiDJU
See the special mode at around 8:00. I'd say angry birds works pretty well on it considering it's eink, so I guess that mostly static apps like gmail, news readers, etc. would work pretty well. Of course, if you've used an i63 you must know better than me...
Anyway, now I'm not sure if I should buy one of their linux based models
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #26
1qaz2wsx

Some broad information regarding their ereaders: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PC1_V-621Q

Highlights include:
-Transition to Android 4.0
-Freescale i.MX6 Solo Lite single-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor on certain ereaders (I'm assuming the c65 will have one)
-Mass production starting next month on certain ereaders

The c65 webpage has also been updated: http://www.onyx-international.com.cn...hp?serial=4631
Old 10-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #27
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Thanks.
I think iMX6Solo is the CPU used in Kobo Glo (and latter)

Last edited by Manolo; 10-16-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #28
zeng
Enthusiast
zeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Not really. Kobo Glo uses imx507 which is Cortex A8, while Freescale Sololite is cortex A9. Actually, kobo does not migrate to new Freescale Sololite series.
zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #29
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
I remember some reviewer said in his web it was imx6 solo. I don't remember the source
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #30
1qaz2wsx

Some rough progress information: according to the (translated) website, http://bbs.onyx-international.com/thread-22114-1-1.html, they'll be testing the c65 product from today until November 20th.