Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #16
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
I had the DecalGirl Bullseye skin (click on my sig for a picture) on my Kindle 2 for only one week before sending the K2 back to Amazon on day 30 to order the Kindle 3. I ordered Graphite and I'm not sure I'm going to skin it, but the Bullseye skin would look even better on Graphite than it did on White. My wife had the DecalGirl Orange Crush skin on hers and ordered a White Kindle 3 so she could use the same skin.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #17
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
excellent skins

Wow! I did not realize there were so many cool skins out there. Thank you for the links!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #18
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
And why is a silver Sony garish, but not a red? I had a Silver PRS-300 and thought it was sleek, with its brushed aluminum finish.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I think the reason I dislike the silver has to do with the loss of contrast between the border and the eink screen. I found it much easier to read on the red. My eyes are more likely to wander away from the book when I'm reading the silver. Maybe I just have ADD and don't know it.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #19
JuniperPearl
Enthusiast
JuniperPearl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, iPhone 5, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
I'm considering matching designs for my K1 and new Opus. I'm leaning towards either Dark Tweet or Whimsical.
I have the Dark Tweet skin on my K2 and absolutely love it. It's so pretty, but not at all distracting like I find some other skins. I don't have a picture of it, but this is the skin: Tweet Dark.

FYI for anyone looking at skins - DecalGirl has a 25% off coupon for this weekend - SUMMER25 - and the GOMATTE coupon is still active for $5 off when purchasing a skin with a matte finish (as opposed to the default High Gloss.) Unfortunately you can't apply both coupons to an order, but still, 25%/$5 is a pretty good deal.
JuniperPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #20
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Well now with a coupon I am def. going to order. I think I'll go ahead with Tweet Dark for the Opus and Whimsical for the K1. Then I'm trying to decide on a skin for my iPhone.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #21
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Well, I did finally order and take advantage of the Summer25 coupon, but I completely changed my mind on what I ordered.

For my K1 I went with Coffee Break
http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/20474

For my Opus I went with Stand Alone
http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/41986

And for my iPhone which was the hardest decision to make, I went with Free Spirit
http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/39866
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #22
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I ordered this skin:

The colour matches my casemate on my blackberry.

I wanted one just to try and prevent minor scratches or scuffs.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #23
Bekster
Bekster began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Smile

My NOOK is dressed in a Moon Fairy DecalGirl skin. Very protective and easy to put on. I have one on my phone as well that's in and out of my pocket or case frequently and no wear and tear on that either.
Sorry - no pic, but here's a link
http://www.decalgirl.com/moonfairy
Bekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:02 AM   #24
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekster View Post
My NOOK is dressed in a Moon Fairy DecalGirl skin. Very protective and easy to put on. I have one on my phone as well that's in and out of my pocket or case frequently and no wear and tear on that either.
Sorry - no pic, but here's a link
http://www.decalgirl.com/moonfairy
oh awesome! those are my car seat covers!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #25
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I actually tried to skin my Mentor but I couldn't find a place to grab the skin with a pair of pliers (like you would do with a catfish) and it's too tough to use a skinning knife on.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:08 AM   #26
rittsi
Enthusiast
rittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 505, iphone 3GS, Kindle 3

I got pink tranquility for my Sony 505:
http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/19006

I've have it on my Sony for over a year now and I've had no issues with the skin starting to peel off by itself, tearing, etc. I will most likely end up getting a skin for my Kindle 3 Graphite, but not right away.
rittsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:29 AM   #27
Book Hub
Book Hub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I bought mine to read books on, not to look at. That's just me.
Book Hub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #28
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
I skinned my sony 505 but none of the ready made skins really appealed to me so I uploaded one of my own landscape photos to www.mytego.com and they made a skin out of my picture. I was even able to add my name and address to it in case I lost my reader.
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #29
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Hub View Post
I bought mine to read books on, not to look at. That's just me.
It's not just you.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #30
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
I skinned my sony 505 but none of the ready made skins really appealed to me so I uploaded one of my own landscape photos to www.mytego.com and they made a skin out of my picture. I was even able to add my name and address to it in case I lost my reader.
I would be very hesitant about putting my address on something. Maybe my name and a phone number (or email addy). At least a phone number or email addy can be changed if you pick up a stalker but an address is practically an open invitation to some of the sickos out there.