Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many ebooks you buy per month?
0 - I read ebooks but don't buy it 29 22.31%
1-2 ebooks per month 33 25.38%
3-5 ebooks per month 37 28.46%
6-10 ebooks per month 17 13.08%
more than 10 ebooks 14 10.77%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #16
mikij
Connoisseur
mikij doesn't littermikij doesn't litter

Device: PRS-600
I voted 0, but I bought 2 books in June. Everything else is PD stuff.
mikij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #17
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
i dont really buy ebooks ever. i can usually find any book i want online anyway
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #18
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I've had my reader for less than a month (3.5 weeks) and I have purchased about 14-17 books in that time. Now, granted a lot of them were cheapies.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #19
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I've only been an ereader owner for a couple months. I sais 1-2 but in that first month I couldn't put my Kobo down and I ended up buying/reading 6 books.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #20
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I still buy special editions of printed books.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Webscriptions is my friend
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #22
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
I still buy print books, too.
Me too.. Can't go seem to go to Powell's Bookstore without picking up a paperback or two. My tastes in books still doesn't match what's available in ebook format.

Along with paper, maybe 2-3 ebooks a month, and lots of PD from here and elsewhere.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #23
JuniperPearl
Enthusiast
JuniperPearl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, iPhone 5, Kindle Voyage
I probably buy 1-2 ebooks a month. I tend to borrow books from the library instead of buying them, but occasionally there is something that I want to read that is not available from the library and if it isn't too expensive, I'll buy it.
JuniperPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #24
jimhanas
Practitioner
jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: iPhone/iPad
I buy 1 or 2, and download perhaps another 3 for free. I can't remember the last time I bought a print book -- except as a gift.
jimhanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #25
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I borrow most ebooks from the library, but I have also budgeted to buy 5 ebooks a month. My favorite press, Dalkey Archive, has started to release their books as ebooks on Amazon and I am buying a few each month.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #26
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
The only e-books I've downloaded so far are PD and legal freebies. I have a large collection of dead tree books I'm cutting apart and scanning and I still read the newest aquisitions although I'm about to the point I'm going to start cutting them up and scanning them before reading. E-books readers are more convenient to lug around than a DTB as long as the reader will fit in my purse (it is disconcerting to leave the house without a book in tow; I keep looking at the empty car seat thinking I've forgotten something.) I'm also finding it more convenient to read off my TV than to hold onto a book, especially if I'm laying in bed. There are plenty of PD books available and, since it won't cost anything to try them, they can keep me amused for some time to come.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #27
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Until last year I would have been 6-10. Then agency pricing came along and, except for using up my Fictionwise MicroPay I rarely buy any. Now I buy mostly paperbacks-and usually used at that. It's a shame, but it does seem as if the publishers (and Apple who started this mess) are succeeding in killing the ebook market.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:38 PM   #28
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
There's a bunch of legal free ebooks I get. So I say 0 average, I stretch the months I buy ebooks. Usually go to allromanceebooks, harlequin, fictionwise, elloracave. And when I do buy on those days, I tend to buy 8-15 ebooks. And just go thru them before I buy another batch. I buy mostly romance fiction ebooks.

But I do still buy paperbacks. Even if I've read them already in ebooks and I love to re-read them, I collect and buy the physical books.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #29
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I do not buy more than 1-2 ebooks per month and I stopped buying paperbooks.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:26 AM   #30
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I buy 0-1 ebooks a month. I read a lot of the free classics.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote