Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #61
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
And this week I got a JB Hi-Fi brochure in the mailbox, they're selling 3 different readers too None that I want, but still.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #62
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Or maybe it was Dick Smiths....I can't remember now. Anyway, one of them is selling them in store!
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #63
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimo1re View Post
Or maybe it was Dick Smiths....I can't remember now. Anyway, one of them is selling them in store!
JB definitely are. Don't know about Dick Smith.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:00 AM   #64
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Last time I looked DSE was not selling readers. Interesting to note that JB are. What ones are they?
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:05 AM   #65
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok answering my own question!

iRiver IS2GBJB 6" AU$347
Hanvon Wirereader 5" N516 AU$288
GHT 7" E-Book Reader 7" AU$124 Looks like a colour LCD to me. Anyone heard of this 'un?

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/search/?cx=...submit=Go#1117
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 01:25 AM   #66
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pico, Hanvon, iRiver Story, and what looks like a cheap LCD one.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:26 AM   #67
nomesque

Oh, fine, ANSWER your own question then!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:03 AM   #68
sabredog

I would hate to have the wrong answer!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:32 AM   #69
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Office Works are selling Pico 3 ereaders - I can't remember the prices but they were around $200. I wasn't impressed with them.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #70
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhudass View Post
Hi Alex,

Just to clarify, are you saying that the PDF doesn't reflow? Can you zoom and pan somehow?
I thought that the latest firmwares for Hanlin gave the ability to reflow pdf (but not zoom and pan).
Yes, that's right. I could never make pdf flow. I must admit though that I didn't try very hard; I just don't think pdf is an ebook format so hardly ever use it.

Regards, Alex
Old 11-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #71
gloopy
gloopy knows what's going on.gloopy knows what's going on.gloopy knows what's going on.gloopy knows what's going on.gloopy knows what's going on.gloopy knows what's going on.gloopy knows what's going on.gloopy knows what's going on.gloopy knows what's going on.gloopy knows what's going on.gloopy knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle WiFi, eco reader (Hanlin v3) - broken screen
Great review!

"I really like the folder setup on the reader. One can have multiple levels of folders."

This was the information I have been searching for for ages. I've ordered my Eco Eclipse and hopefully it will have the same set up.
gloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #72
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Great review!

"I really like the folder setup on the reader. One can have multiple levels of folders."

This was the information I have been searching for for ages. I've ordered my Eco Eclipse and hopefully it will have the same set up.
The Eclipse and the Eco Reader are firmware-wise essentially identical. Physically the Eclipse is a 5" screen and a toggle-wheel on the right for page turns. The Eco Reader is 6" with volume buttons on the right (some firmware for the 5" allows volume with the toggle wheel when reading).

So you will have the same set up. You will get that little reader in your hands and wonder why you waited so long before buying one. Damn good little reader IMHO.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:07 AM   #73
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I saw a 7" backlit ereader at Dick Smith yesterday for $99.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:20 AM   #74
AlexBell
Wizard

I hope you have as much satisfaction with your ECO reader as I have with mine, Solicitous.

You will have to work a little bit to set up the folders, but it's no harder than setting up folders in My Documents on a computer. The great advantage of doing it this way is that one set up the folders one wants.

And I'm sure you'll find that after sales service is superb.

Regards, Alex
Old 11-04-2010, 06:54 AM   #75
sabredog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I saw a 7" backlit ereader at Dick Smith yesterday for $99.
With only fours hours total battery life for reading. Saw it at a local DSE and had a hands on with it. The back lighting is quite subdued though.

Tags
australia eco reader