Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
MaxwellBeckett
MaxwellBeckett began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505-Red
Just ordered my PRS-505

Hello everyone,
After hours of reading reviews and various threads about a bunch of different readers, I finally took the plunge and ordered a red sony prs-505 earlier today (from dell.ca). The PRS-505 seemed the best choice for my needs. Cant wait to get it. I already downloaded Calibre onto my macbook pro and tried it out a bit (I also have a pc, but the macbook is my main computer).
I predict I’ll be checking my order status on dell.ca every five minutes until the day my reader reaches my door.

Cheers,
Max
MaxwellBeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellBeckett View Post
Hello everyone,
After hours of reading reviews and various threads about a bunch of different readers, I finally took the plunge and ordered a red sony prs-505 earlier today (from dell.ca). The PRS-505 seemed the best choice for my needs. Cant wait to get it. I already downloaded Calibre onto my macbook pro and tried it out a bit (I also have a pc, but the macbook is my main computer).
I predict I’ll be checking my order status on dell.ca every five minutes until the day my reader reaches my door.

Cheers,
Max
i predict that too.

welcome to the forum ! enjoy your new 505 (is it there yet ????). and don't miss our free ebooks (click on the link in the blue nav bar at the top of the page) so you'll have plenty to read when it gets there (what about now ???).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
MaxwellBeckett

Nope. Not here yet.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
MaxwellBeckett

Still no sign of it. sigh...
Old 05-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

go check again ! you never know.

Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
MaxwellBeckett

I think I’ll just sit outside by the door until it gets here.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I think I’ll just sit outside by the door until it gets here.
that sounds like a good plan to me !
Old 05-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to the forum!

(Has it arrived yet? )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #9
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Welcome to the Forum
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
platypus
platypus began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
yah i am also waiting in anticipation for mine, i hope i can read textbooks on it and the format wont be too weird...
platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #11
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Have you considered having the neighborhood kids set up an early notification relay, watching for the delivery truck? One of them about 10 blocks away on a roof-top with a signal mirror, another three blocks away with a bow and suction-cup arrows to be shot at the wall of the tree-house clubhouse, which will have the next kid slide down the rope and run across the street to your house to alert you as you sit on the front steps? You can then have your pen in hand to sign the delivery receipt before the driver comes up to your door!

Enjoy your Sony (You should have ordered the Silver one, but I'm sure the red one will hold almost as many words...) and welcome to MobileRead!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Max and welcome to MobileRead. The longest hour of my life was waiting for my 505 to charge up when I bought it.

Go check and see if it's there.

PS: Don't listen to Stitchawl. The blue is far superior
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Max and welcome to MobileRead. The longest hour of my life was waiting for my 505 to charge up when I bought it.

Go check and see if it's there.

PS: listen to Stitchawl. The silver is far superior
Fixed that for you
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #14
notsure
Zealot
notsure has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Cheers,
Max
Hi Max,

Maybe this is too late for you to do anything about but... I ordered my first unit from dell(.ca) and when I ran into an issue with it someone recommended that I try this place;

http://www.shoprbc.com/ca/shop/produ....php?pid=52454

I've purchased from them in the past and while they appear to have the red ones in stock my new order (silver) should take a week w/the case and light.

You might also find a nice price reduction too! Or maybe you can ask dell(.ca) to price match for you. Don't know if they do that.

Cheers,

NotSure

P.S. I really enjoyed the reader for the short time I had it! If it wasn't for a cluster of stuck pixels I am sure I would be reading it instead of following the posts here.
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
MaxwellBeckett

Hi everyone, thanks for the kind welcome.

Notsure, thanks for the link to the rbc store. The price is indeed substantitally lower than Dell. I tried calling Dell to cancel the order with them, but the «order cancelling people» apparently do not work on sundays. I’ll call first thing in the morning. However the RBC offer is only valid until May 4th (tomorrow). Do you guys think that this means the offer is good up to and including may 4th?

While looking at the dell.ca website, searching for a «cancel order» section, I found the forums which held several horror stories about trying to cancel orders. This concerns me a little. Hopefully it wont be a problem.

Cheers,
Max