Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-27-2023, 12:28 PM   #1
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Comparing SoC's: Hisense A5 Pro vs A7

Hi, I just bought the Hisense A5 Pro 6GB RAM 128GB ROM, and suprisingly to me, I find it sometimes slow. Sometimes, when I navigate through open apps for a good multitasking moments, It behaves very slowly, as slow as to have to touch nothing for 2-3 seconds, or so, to let the phone process the information. It us usable because this only happens on certain moments, but still is something I wasn't expecting, specially being bought the 6Gb RAM version. Still, I am happy with the phone, but until when?

So I thought maybe I should have bought the A7 instead. The true is I never have spent 400e in a phone, and I prefered to continue like this, so didn't buy A7. Would be the A7 much more fast? Let's compare the soc's:

-A5 PRO:
CPU: 2x1.8GHz ARM A75+6x1.8GHz ARM A55
RAM SPEED: 1867MHZ
GPU: ARM Mali-G52 MP2 614MHz

-A7:
CPU: 4x2GHz ARM A75+4x2GHz ARM A55
RAM SPEED: 1867MHZ
GPU: PowerVR GM9446 800MHz

The A7 is, in my opinion, just sligtlhy faster than the A5. I have to say clearly that I am not any ARM CPU expert, so maybe those are sufficient differences to have a fast phone, but I think just increasing 0.2Mhz each core, and adding 2 A75 cores while removing 2 of the A55, it hasn't have to be a very high speed increas, although it has to be notorious. I am not sure how the increased GPU processor participates in the non-video games scenarios.

Can someone who has the Hisense A7 CC tell to us if he/she has had speed problems with the phone, in a multitasking scenario?

Being totally off-topic, want to say the bluetooth of the A5 is maybe the most poor signal device I have had ever. It is usable but sometimes creates problems with a side by side speaker.

Last edited by eReader fan; 02-27-2023 at 03:34 PM.
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 12:20 PM   #2
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
From everything I've read the A7 might actually be slightly slower than the A5 Pro. As you point out the processor is only slightly faster, but it has to operate a bigger screen of higher resolution, which will cancel out any small gains in processing power.

Your only other option would be the A9.

I have both and can't say that the A9 is significantly faster (well, maybe in some operations). On the other hand, I've never had a problem with the speed on the A5 Pro. It definitely has a better screen, though, and better speakers. Much worse battery life.

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Also, on the A5 Pro I use KISS launcher, so maybe that has an effect?
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2023, 01:13 PM   #3
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

My A5 Pro is color eInk, maybe this is something important in the perfomance. The A9 is black&white, so it is not an option.

I installed a memory booster booster and now goes more fluid, but with certain apps there is serious speed problems. Maybe with 2GB more of ram (I have 6) it would run without problems.

Maybe factory reset suggested by you would help, I don't know why, but it's an option

At least A05 Pro has bluetooth Aptx, NFC and colour to balance the lagging experience and horrible camera
Old 04-03-2023, 11:45 PM   #4
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
My A5 Pro is color eInk, maybe this is something important in the perfomance. The A9 is black&white, so it is not an option.

I installed a memory booster booster and now goes more fluid, but with certain apps there is serious speed problems. Maybe with 2GB more of ram (I have 6) it would run without problems.

Maybe factory reset suggested by you would help, I don't know why, but it's an option

At least A05 Pro has bluetooth Aptx, NFC and colour to balance the lagging experience and horrible camera
The colour itself has no impact on performance as it's a physical filter on top of the BW e-ink. The firmware, however, is slightly different in the CC model.

Are you using the International firmware or did you get your phone modified with 2accounts from the seller? If it's the latter, it could cause bugs.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 04:40 PM   #5
eReader fan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
The colour itself has no impact on performance as it's a physical filter on top of the BW e-ink. The firmware, however, is slightly different in the CC model.

Are you using the International firmware or did you get your phone modified with 2accounts from the seller? If it's the latter, it could cause bugs.
I have no idea what firmware I am using. I didn't do anything to the phone, like the change you suggested. When looking into the phone info, in the software version says this: L1732.6.09.02.ML

I am wondering if there are other firmwares that can go smoother.
Advert