Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 02:42 AM   #121
sportpilot
sportpilot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo (GoFly 4.0 modification)
Hello David,

yesterday I blew up my Kobo Glo with an factory reset.

May I have also the linkt to download and recover?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards Falk
Old 06-15-2016, 02:54 AM   #122
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

Note: Any particular reason for not using the Glo thread for the request? It would have been right underneath this one in the list.
Advert
Old 06-15-2016, 05:59 AM   #123
Yamada
Enthusiast
Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad; K1/2/DX; Some Sony thing I bought at Yodobashi
David I see a lot of people ask for the factory image, but nobody seems to generate their own. If I may ask, I've got a brand new Glo HD on the way, is there any reason I couldn't just do a factory reset, then proceed to copy the image off the internal SD? The instructions for adding in a larger SD card would seem to give the idea support.

If I'm just plain wrong, well, pardon me, but could you send an image?
Old 06-15-2016, 08:13 AM   #124
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What you describe is exactly how the image was produced, so yes you could do it yourself. But, it means opening a device that is not designed to be opened. And that means breaking the warranty.

I can supply an image, but, don't let the requests scare you. If you think about how many devices Kobo must have sold, the total number of requests is absolutely tiny. In my house I have eight Kobo devices. I've done two image restores. One was me doing something REALLY dumb with old beta firmware. And Kobo have fixed that problem so that it can't happen now. The other was me simply doing it a an experiment on a spare SD card. In normal usage, nothing should prevent the factory reset working and I suspect that for a lot of the requests, this is all that is really needed.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:37 AM   #125
Yamada
Enthusiast
Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad; K1/2/DX; Some Sony thing I bought at Yodobashi
Yeah, that warranty. It's going to be a little while before I open the unit up; give it time to see if anything is obviously wrong. Well, cool! Thanks for confirming my idea. Figure I'll try it on a first-gen Glo and see what to do for myself. Hats off to whoever wrote those instructions, plus your advice. I'm thinking I can do most everything from a command line.
Advert
Old 06-19-2016, 07:59 AM   #126
Abernathy
Abernathy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello,

It seems I need an image for my Glo HD. I tried to connect mine to my computer and Windows keeps asking me to format the disk.
I tries a factory reset and it's running, but my partition doesn't seem to be formated.
I Tried with linux and OSX, and the SD card seems to have no partition at all!

Can someone send me a link to an original image please ?

Thanks in advance

S.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:33 AM   #127
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abernathy View Post
Hello,

It seems I need an image for my Glo HD. I tried to connect mine to my computer and Windows keeps asking me to format the disk.
I tries a factory reset and it's running, but my partition doesn't seem to be formated.
I Tried with linux and OSX, and the SD card seems to have no partition at all!
The factory reset worked, but you don't see anything when connected to a PC? Can you setup the device and log into your Kobo account?
Quote:
Can someone send me a link to an original image please ?
I have sent a PM. You might want to consider a new SD card. A failing card could explain what you are seeing.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:26 AM   #128
ultra_rien
ultra_rien began at the beginning.

Hi davidfor,

Could you please sent me a PM with the Image for Kobo Glo HD.
I tried the wrong image file and now i can't find the original anymore

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:57 AM   #129
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:51 PM   #130
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
@davidfor

Would very much appreciate a link to Kobo Glo HD SD image.
thanks
Old 06-20-2016, 07:32 PM   #131
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:02 AM   #132
Abernathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The factory reset worked, but you don't see anything when connected to a PC? Can you setup the device and log into your Kobo account?

I have sent a PM. You might want to consider a new SD card. A failing card could explain what you are seeing.
Thanks for the image!

It's very weird: When I connect my kobo to a mac, it works. When I connect it to 2 different windows 10 computers, it keep asking to format the disk.
It doesn't work either with win10 on the mac.
I extracted the SD Card and it can be read on the windows 10 computers.

I don't get the problem.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:27 PM   #133
Abernathy

OK, solved it!
I had to set the partition to inactive (with fdisk, in linux).
It works like usual now!
Old 06-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #134
moco
moco began at the beginning.

Davidfor,

Please could I get an image of Glo HD? Bricked the device with XCSoar and USB-OTG :-(

Thanks,

Moco
Old 06-27-2016, 09:02 AM   #135
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread