Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowplay View Post
Are you saying you need a towel that politely lets you know of upcoming important dates, such as this very towel day we're talking about?
that's exactly what i'm saying.

Quote:
And it shall be called Friendly Reminder Towel! ...hmm that just doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
i don't know, i think it's got a nice ring to it...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #17
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Plus any loyal Douglas Adams reader knows how important towels are.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #18
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Plus any loyal Douglas Adams reader knows how important towels are.
ummm.... duh? Did you miss the previous posts and an accompanying avatar?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #19
Shadowplay
Groupie
Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I'm sorry to move this thread back on track, but I'd just like to take a moment to say that this whole waiting for my 505 to arrive is driving me nuts.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.
Shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #20
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
We actually have a special thread for such situations.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm sorry to move this thread back on track, but I'd just like to take a moment to say that this whole waiting for my 505 to arrive is driving me nuts.

you're going to fit right in around here.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #22
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:

I feel your pain. I waited till after New Years for the window displays to go on sale. It was painful but, OTOH, I got it at 40% off.

Be sure and let us know when your's arrives and how you like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #23
Shadowplay
Groupie
Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
We actually have a special thread for such situations.
Ya know... I'd post there, but really it seems best to let old threads fade away. It's really the natural course of life on forums and I'd hate to perform some vile act of techo-necromancy in resurrecting such a thread.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Ya know... I'd post there, but really it seems best to let old threads fade away. It's really the natural course of life on forums and I'd hate to perform some vile act of techo-necromancy in resurrecting such a thread.
right, because we're all about behaving in an orderly fashion around here.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #25
Shadowplay
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
right, because we're all about behaving in an orderly fashion around here.
Hey just cuz yer outta control don't drag me down with ya!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #26
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Let the dragging commence. Who has the net?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:06 PM   #27
Shadowplay
Groupie

Speaking of dragging, that's what time is doing at the moment.

Good news is UPS tracking says I'll have my 505 tomorrow morning, woohoo!
Bad news is I've got some major crap to deal with at work tomorrow that will likely keep me swamped for what's probably going to be a 12 to 14 hour day. Ah phooey.

Oh well, I will *make* time to do a little playing when it comes in and you'll hear from me of course.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #28
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Shadowplay--
I know that feeling! I've been the proud owner of a PRS 505 for a little over two weeks now. It arrived at work on a Friday. I really wanted to play with it, but managed to restrain myself. I did get it out of the box and hooked it up to my computer right away though. Wanted to make sure it was good and charged by the end of the work day.

Enjoy your 505!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:28 AM   #29
Shadowplay
Groupie

I think you have it right - gotta get it out and fully charged and of course load a couple of ebooks on it for "testing purposes". I mean if there's anything wrong I need to know right away and the only way to know is if I use all the functions in a thorough test.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #30
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quick, someone mozzle-up a term, closely related to "anticipation", for obsessively checking UPS to see the latest status of your package. No, I will not define "mozzle-up" for you, Shadowplay... let the dark forces of cooptation commence.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote