Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #46
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Great program Kovid.
Can't imagine eBook life without calibre.
Keep up the good work!

Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #47
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Count me in among the grateful. Calibre is the best.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #48
Pismire
Small God, also Turtle.
Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Lets be honest, how much joy can an e-book owner get from dropping all his files in a folder on a hard drive? Calibre is responsible for giving us e-book enthusiasts the feeling of having a digital version of a old-fashioned, bookshelf-covered reading room. Now if you could code in some of that old-book-smell, that would be fantastic.

Dear Kovid, thank you for providing us with this incredibly useful and lovable software for free - I hope you receive much joy from the feedback you receive, and I wish you that all the voluntary donations allow you to treat yourself and your loved ones to some good times.

Well done!
Pismire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #49
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I doubt Marvin has support for virtual libraries. If you browse to the content server using a browser, you can simply click the virtual libraries button on the start page.
Put calibre server into browser but couldn't see button for virtual libraries?

Only the following options.

Choose a category to browse by:

Newest All books Random book Authors Languages News Publishers Rating Searches Series Tags

Cheers.

Ken
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #50
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Calibre,

Have to add my congratulations as well; I shudder to think of going back to using Sony Reader for PC as well as nook and Kobo's "management" systems. . It's wonderful to be able to use calibre for all three (four if you include my Sony 505 that I loan out to my Dad) of my readers. Yes, I'm one of those' multiple reader owners!

Thank you Kovid!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #51
Prepper
Connoisseur
Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Forma
Congratulations and thank you!
Prepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #52
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Many thanks. I have been using calibre almost since inception. it's an incredibly useful and robust tool. Congratulations on reaching version 1.0

My favorite features, a growing list
ability to download metadata and covers
conversion!!
new to me, regular expressions for search & replace
personal tags
customizable columns
virtual libraries
Customizable save-to-disk methodologies

to learn:
news recipes
custom colors and column views
so much more

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this software open source and free. You've enriched all of us with your vision and wisdom and coding skills....
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #53
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Congratulations!

Without Calibre, my e-books and reading experience would be severely diminished and rather "barebones". So, thank you, Kovid, plugin developers and everyone else who contributes to the project!

(Did you guys do your bit and send your tip? )
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #54
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Congratulations and thank you!!!

I can't say better than others here already have how much Calibre means to my family and our various e-readers. We've been with you since Sept. 2009 when we bought our first Sony Reader and Kindle.

What a feat!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #55
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
This is exciting! I just have one question: does this mean all the extensions will be broken now?
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #56
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
This is exciting! I just have one question: does this mean all the extensions will be broken now?
Nope!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #57
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
Most of them should continue to work as always, there may be one or two that have problems, the only one that I know of that has problems is Goodreads Sync.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #58
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Yarrow: See attached screenshot, virtual libraries is the fourth item.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cs.png
Views:	257
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	109885  
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #59
Kismatt
lowly peon
Kismatt began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A7, Win10 Tab, Paperwhite (7th Gen), Paperwhite (10th Gen)
Congrats on V1.0!!! Brilliant!
Kismatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #60
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Congrats Kovid!

Here are four (out of 1000s?) of possible interface looks under the calibre 1.0 banner.

Thank you so much for Calibre, Kovid and mobileread.

And just to show how much I learn from mobileread, just seeing DoctorOhh's pictures made me wonder how he got his calibre library to look like that with the tabs and all so...long story short, I just discovered virtual libraries! How awesome!!!

Thanks y'all soooooooo much!
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote