Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-06-2023, 06:41 PM   #16
MonkCanatella
MonkCanatella began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
I'm not seeing it either. Just tried the app on iPad Pro and I don't see any series data, nor is it trying to group by series either.
MonkCanatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 09:45 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor View Post
I'd like to have a layout similar to what you can do in a File Explorer where I can have a folder for each series and then have the books inside that folder. It would be much easier to organize things this way and finding book 3 of a series would be very simple.

Are there any apps that can do this?
I use an app that is no longer supported, Calibre Companion. It does a great job of sorting by series, author, genre, whatever you like. I would not recommend it since it sounds as if it is incompatible with newer ereaders.

That said, once all of the metadata is updated to your liking in Calibre it is easy to send the books to your device in any way you wish. I send my books to my ereader from Calibre essentially formatted as follows:

{authors}/{series}/{series_index}-{title}

Since I can't connect to my library right now, the above is a close approximation. I have a per device template for this ereader that forces the number format to be 01.00 instead of just 1, this allows for better sorting at the file level and allows for inserting short stories into the sort, for example, using 03.50 to designate a short story between full series books 3 and 4. Read more about the template language here.

See the 1st attached image to see how you can set up Calibre to send books to devices in this format. See the second image to see how the folder structure looks on my device.

If your reading app is not able to sort on series, it most likely is still able to directly access the folder where you store your books. Having the books sent to my ereader in the folder format I want them allows me to have a consistent way of accessing them from the file level if required.

Over a decade back when my kids were younger I set up a few ereaders for them using this file format, and they had no issues picking it up quickly.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sending books to device.PNG
Views:	91
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	200215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ereader_Folder_format.png
Views:	78
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	200216  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-09-2023 at 10:03 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote