Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsVH View Post
Thanks for the effort, but I still get the same error message if I run the other version...
Fear not, I found the problem, and fixed it, just download from the same link again.
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #17
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

So, the latest version is v 1.2 available for both JRE 5 and JRE 6 users.
It has a --gui flag which can be given, this lets the user input title author, etc... with textboxes and dropdown menus.

I hope this makes it easier.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #18
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Gianfranco,

I'm stumped. I finally figured out that to get the command line I needed to go to Run cmd. I then changed to the directory I created for JAM and ran java -jar jam.jar and saw the menu items as you indicated I should. I then ran the command again with gui as follows:

java -jar jam.jar -gui

and nothing happened. This is why I need a GUI interface; I haven't got a clue as to what I'm doing or doing wrong. Any suggestions?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #19
Gianfranco
computer scientist

Try pasting this line directly

java -jar jam.jar --gui
Old 08-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #20
Gianfranco
computer scientist

I belive you forgot one of the "-"'s there must be two (2) minus signs (-) for the flag to take action.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
(is it just me, or is it really funny to run a program called "jam.jar" ?)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #22
Gianfranco
computer scientist

That was actually part of the idea
But I have to add that the JAM name is due to you and everyone else proposing names like crazy Great work!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:16 PM   #23
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfranco View Post
Fear not, I found the problem, and fixed it, just download from the same link again.
I will not fear

The newest version works perfectly. Great work Gianfranco!!
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #24
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Question What does the result tell me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfranco View Post
I belive you forgot one of the "-"'s there must be two (2) minus signs (-) for the flag to take action.
Thanks, Gianfranco. Adding the second minus sign worked.

With the GUI I asked for a search for a book called This Bloody Shirt in BBeB format. I know it is available from Sony because I bought it there. This was just my test -- as simple and perhaps dumb as it was .

The result I received back is shown in the image below. Which leads to my next question that shows my confusion: What does the result tell me? How do I make use of the result?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	search results.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	15806  
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #25
Gianfranco
computer scientist

Hi!

You are using debug mode (on), therefore it shows a lot of superfluous output (like adding etc).

If you turn off the debug mode it will show nothing, which is the same as no result found. I am not clear to which format BBeB is?
The program is in it's craddle, so therefore more and more formats will be added, as well as more and more sellers.

I hope this was answer enough.
C u.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #26
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
It's the same as an LRF, Gianfranco.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:12 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
It's the same as an LRF, Gianfranco.
It's actually not the same, to be strictly correct about it. "BBeB" is the generic name for a number of different file formats used by the Sony Reader. DRM-free files (such as those that can be downloaded from this site) have an "LRF" extension, but those sold by the Sony eBook Store have DRM, and use an extension of "LRX".

ie both "LRF" and "LRX" are "BBeB", but "LRF" and "LRX" and distinct from each other.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #28
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I have a feature request for JAM. Could it check with my Librarything inventory, look for recommendations, and search specifically for ebooks matching those recommendations, say the first 20 or 50 or some other user-configurable amount? That would be extremely cool.

Maybe it could even eventually be set up as a cron job or something to automatically notify me of new ebooks that would match my recommendations.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #29
Gianfranco
computer scientist

Hi!
Sorry I've been off. Having some things to take care off.
Surely, that could be done.