Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
jorm
jorm began at the beginning.

Device: nook
How to use the command line to move books

I want to build a tool that based on publisher, author or field in the description will move the book from one library to another. Makes sorting easier can apply rules.

For example the publisher Tor only publishes SciFi/Fantasy so I can move the book accordingly. Also if a book has the word fantasy or elves or magic I can label it fantasy and move it accordingly.

Two things i need to figure out if anyone can answer them it would be helpful.

1. I see using calibredb add is a way to add a book to a library. I notice that it has no option for the to use metadata.opf file. Does this command only pull the meta from the tag of the book. My issue with this is lets say i am moving a rar format file that has no metadata. However the data is in calibre main database and in the opf file.

Logically I am trying to do an equivalent of the following if that kind of command existed.

calibredb copy/move <id> <c:\ebooks\newlib>

2. Is there a way to get the list of libraries name and paths?

That way I can avoid a second configuration. This is not a show stopper just would be helpful.
jorm is offline   Reply With Quote