Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
EQ2
EQ2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Onyx Boox M92
Question Security on M92

Just got my M92 and am so far very pleased with it. Thanks http://ereader-store.de

Fits the task of reading technical papers very well.

I have one niggling question however, after skimming through the menu's and the manual linked to on the forum by Booxtor - I did not notice any mention of being able to set a challenge password on boot or resume from suspend.

Is this not a feature of the reader or have I missed this function somewhere.

I was looking for something similar to the way my Sony PRS-600 handles it...

Last edited by EQ2; 03-20-2012 at 03:41 PM.
EQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
At the moment, that's simply not possible. Maybe this is worth upgrading our wishlist: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_M92_wishlist
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
EQ2

Thanks for updating the wiki with the request(assuming it was you that did it)

I took the liberty of separating out folder level passwords from device level ones as they would most likely need to be handled slightly differently.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
I did update the wiki
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
EQ2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
I did update the wiki
The the thanks goes to you then
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
AFAIK Boox handles pdf-level passwords. So unless you need to protect your scribbles/annotations or the filesystem itself, you can just set passwords on individual files on your pc and transfer them to boox only then.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
Good point!
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox m92, onyx