Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
mumoo
mumoo began at the beginning.

Device: prs600
My prs-600 can't recognize MS card

I have 2 MS card(Memory Stick PRO Duo).One is 2GB, the other one is 8GB. I've bought them for my psp3000 and they are all normal. But my 600 can't recognize them. When I click "Memory Stick" option in PRS600 Format Memory UI, it displayed "Memory card are not inserted".
The PSP Ms card is compatible with the reader,isn't it.
mumoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
I only have one MS that behaves the same way. And it is a "fake" Sony card of eBay. So I can't really blame the reader for not reading it.
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I have a sony 512mb ms and a sandisk 2gb ms and my 600 sees both of them
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumoo View Post
I have 2 MS card(Memory Stick PRO Duo).One is 2GB, the other one is 8GB. I've bought them for my psp3000 and they are all normal. But my 600 can't recognize them. When I click "Memory Stick" option in PRS600 Format Memory UI, it displayed "Memory card are not inserted".
The PSP Ms card is compatible with the reader,isn't it.
Format it to FAT16 for the moment. Insert it blank into the reader. Your reader should start initialisation immediately (you see the "spinning wheel" on your reader).
8GB can't be a problem, brand shouldn't be a problem as well.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
mumoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Son View Post
I only have one MS that behaves the same way. And it is a "fake" Sony card of eBay. So I can't really blame the reader for not reading it.
Yes, My card is a "fake" Sony card too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Format it to FAT16 for the moment. Insert it blank into the reader. Your reader should start initialisation immediately (you see the "spinning wheel" on your reader).
Maybe brand shouldn't be a problem .But obviously, "fake" card is a problem. I format it to FAT 16, it takes no effect.

Last edited by mumoo; 09-19-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 04:53 AM   #6
reech
Connoisseur
reech doesn't litterreech doesn't litter

Device: Sony eReader PRS-600
Some Sony devices get twitchy when exposed to fake MS cards; I have an 'old' first edition PSP which can cope with a fake card, but my partner's newer 3000 version can't read or write to the same MS
reech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:04 AM   #7
sazono
Member Retired
sazono began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
i have the same problem here
sony ms 4gb
my ereader can't read it T__T
sazono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
mumoo

I bought a SANDISK 8g MS card yesterday. There is no campatible issue, it's very nice in my reader.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Wouldn't it need to be FAT32 for an 8GB card?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #10
windylim
windylim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 prospective
I'm using a 4GB microSD in a adapter and it works, albeit a bit slower.
windylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #11
DAVID.EILEENWYLD
DAVID.EILEENWYLD began at the beginning.

Device: none
According to Sony's Manual for prs-600 the Memory Stick PRO Duo is compatible but we are warned to be careful which slot we insert it into!
DAVID.EILEENWYLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
DAVID.EILEENWYLD

Please would you kindly explain what an MS is?
Old 10-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
DAVID.EILEENWYLD

Purchased Sony PRS-600. Any point in buying a 16GB San Disk HC memory card? and would it need an adapter? Which slot would I insert it into? Where are the best sites for free e-book downloads and is there anything else on offer than Classics? Am a learner. Had problems with first reader as would not charge ie red light did not come on!
Do'nt want to waste money. Will appreciate any help offered but could it be in 'Noddy terms' thanks.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #14
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Wouldn't it need to be FAT32 for an 8GB card?
If you need the entire 8GB, yes.
But for testing, any size would be okay and this you can do with FAT16.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:52 AM   #15
giacecco
giacecco began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Same problem here. I have an 8Gb Pro Duo that I used without issues on the PRS-505 that doesn't work now on the PRS-600. I have tried formatting it in all sort ways, nothing changed.
giacecco is offline   Reply With Quote