Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
zaqxsw
Connoisseur
zaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 - Gen 11
Adding eBook and changing the cover

I have been using Calibre and two plugins for a couple of years. All I have to do is add the eBook and the plugins operate and Calibre converts the eBook to my desired format. I then choose to "Send to Device" (Kindle).

There are books that I would like to change the cover on. I go to edit Metadata and download the new cover I want and click OK. This takes me back and shows my eBook with the new cover. When I send it to my Device, it has the original cover, not the new one.

I experimented with running "Convert" on the book after the new cover was added and this seems to work, but takes a while. Is this the proper method to change covers before sending to a Device?

Thanks for any replies!
zaqxsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Try 'Polish', which updates the metadata in the LIBRARY Copy
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #3
zaqxsw
Connoisseur
zaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 - Gen 11
Thanks theducks,

Yes, "Polish" does work.

Appreciate the reply!
zaqxsw is offline   Reply With Quote