Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
hmgreen
Enthusiast
hmgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -600, -900, Kindle 2, Touch, PW1 (all gone), PW2, Voyage
My Reader is DEAD

I bought a PRS-505 in October of 2007, and in addition to the $300 for the Reader I have invested a MASSIVE amount of money in ebooks. This morning it was fully charged. I powered it down completely before putting it away (using the shut-down option). I took it out tonight and nothing will power it up again. I have babied this device! It is currently being charged just in case and the red charger light is on, but after 1 hour it is still completely dead.

I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT!!!! I want Sony to replace it with a NEW unit at their expense. One in which the battery has been thoroughly tested. I have emailed them at customer service but I don't know where to go from here.

Can anyone offer some advice? Has this happened to others? How was it resolved this far after the purcahse?

Thanks!
hmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:13 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I don't have a Sony reader so I may not be of much help. I noticed recently Patricia, a long time MobileRead member and Sony owner wrote a post about recharging and resetting Sony Readers. Maybe her post will help you.

I hope you are able to get it up and running soon.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2008, 06:55 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Could be you just need to press the reset button on the back using a pin or small paperclip.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Try a reset, maybe try to charge via USB. Does your pc recognize the reader still and you can see your books?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote